|Mission of Burma / On Off on|
|Album:||On Off on||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Mission of Burma||Added:||04/2004|
|Add Date:||2004-06-14||Pull Date:||2004-08-16|
|Week Ending:||8 Aug||25 Jul||11 Jul||4 Jul||27 Jun||20 Jun|
|1.||Sat, 10 Oct 09:||Eme O|
|4.||Tue, 18 Apr 06:||Matt|
Radio Of Imagination
|2.||Fri, 22 Aug 08:||KyleM|
|5.||Tue, 21 Mar 06:||Wicked Child|
The Sadder Men's Club
|3.||Fri, 11 Jul 08:||KyleM|
|6.||Wed, 21 Dec 05:||matthew stark rubin|
vampires dont bite other vampires
Mission of Burma "ON off ON" - Everyone's avant-rock heroes are finally back with a new album after about 22 years, and I have to say it's pretty damn nice. The music is great, being simple and yet incredibly complicated at the same time. Some songs are loud rockers and others are a bit quieter. There are all sorts of flavors in here too: indie rock, prog rock, weird freak-outs, spacey drones, and tape loops that blend in so wonderfully you almost don't know they're there. I'm enjoying this more and more with each listen. You will too. Check it out.|
My Picks: 1, 3, 4, 8, 14
Katie P. 6/3/04
1) Fades in to a fast midtempo. Male vocals with some nice backups. Solid driving guitar and bass line. Cool breakdown section that kind of deconstructs a bit, but still keeps a solid beat.
2) Fast midtempo to uptempo. Lighter happier feeling. Vocals sound a little nasally.
3) Starts with quiet cymbal taps and bass, then pounds in with yells and drums. Angry yelling vocals. Drums are a solid midtempo. The vocals actually have a little bit of the "hard core crew" sound at times. Although the lyrics are kinda goofy. Weird and interesting.
4) Guitar strumming and softer vocals. Fast midtempo pace. This has a very indie rock feel to it. Some nice tape looping in here. This is really pretty and full.
5) Midtempo guitar strumming that drags a little. Nice vocal harmonies. Ooo, there is some piano in here, but only just a couple key hits.
6) Solid midtempo with some vocal layers. Nice extended part with guitar strumming and spacey noises over top.
7) Faster midtempo with a solid driving beat. There is just something about this that feels like an epic prog rock song.
8) Quiet guitar strumming/picking starts it off. Soft vocals are added and then some strings come in (cello I think). Overall it keeps building along with smaller builds and falls.
9) Nothing. Just a little silence.
10) Loud rockin' guitars. Solid midtempo with a swirly guitar effect. Cools off a little between vocals.
11) Faster midtempo with an interesting beat (4/4, 3/4, 4/4, 3/4). Solid strumming guitars.
12) Solid faster midtempo beat. Moody feel to the song.
13) Snare drums and weird spacey/droning noises slowly build. Faster midtempo with heavy bass line and spoken/sung vocals.
14) Uptempo with a slight country flavor. Kind of bouncy and cute.
15) Pounding uptempo bass line and drums. Oscillating guitar sound.
16) Faster midtempo and bouncy. Pretty cool layering of vocals, etc. in the last several minutes. Weird!
|2.||Hunt Again||9.||Wounded World|
|4.||Falling||11.||Into the Fire|
|5.||What We Really Were||12.||Fever Moon|
|6.||Max Ernst's Dream||13.||Nicotine Bomb|