|Reich, Robert / Gaffer Tapes, the|
|Album:||Gaffer Tapes, the||Collection:||General 12"|
|Add Date:||2004-07-05||Pull Date:||2004-08-23|
|1.||Mar 07, 2015:||Emergency Crew Week 7 Part 1 |
New Single, Chaulk Lined Sunset
Robert Reich "The Gaffer Tapes" - The solo album of one of the guys from Slowcoach. This is some nice basic rock music. The songs mostly consist of a couple guitars, bass, drums, and gruff vocals. The whole thing seems to be a pretty lo-fi recording with the drums sometimes coming off as tinny and the bass and guitars well distorted. Most songs have a moody feel using chords that are just slightly off kilter. I'm not a big fan of the vocals. They are gruff and somewhat monotone, generally the guy isn't a singer. Nothing amazing, but some really nice stuff. Worth checking out if you're looking for some good lo-fi rock.|
My Picks: 5, 8
Katie P. 4/28/04
1) Fades in with bass line and drums along with a flange effect. Guitars come in with a moody tone. Short instrumental.
2) Midtempo with a brighter sound. Guitars, heavy bass, and lo-fi drums. Vocals are gruff and mostly spoken/sung.
3) Acoustic guitar and same gruff vocals. Nice guitar work on this. Ooo, a little trumpet in there too. Fcc: says "fuck."
4) Dragging midtempo and very moody. Strumming guitar with odd chords.
5) Starts with looped organ/keyboards and a drum machine. Solid midtempo. Guitar comes in along with distorted rough vocals. The whole thing sounds a little overblown and distorted, but it's a nice effect.
6) Faster midtempo with a nice solid beat. Nice extended intro with guitars before the vocals come in. Drums pound up to an abrupt stop.
7) Midtempo song that sounds a little happier, more hopeful sounding. Heavy and distorted bass and guitar. The last part of the song without vocals is really nice.
8) Midtempo happy sounding song about California. A little bouncy with another person helping out on vocals for this one.
9) Faster midtempo and a little bouncy. Fun.
10) Moodier and sounds a little dragging even though it's a solid midtempo. The bass is strangely low in tone. Sounds like a trumpet here and there. Slows part way through to the end.
|1.||Your Bishop Is Rooking My...||6.||Cutting Heads|
|2.||Chaulk Lined Sunset||7.||Trigger Bridges|
|3.||New Single||8.||Ode to California|
|5.||My Knight Is Rooking Your...||10.||Traffic|