|Sceptic / Unbeliever's Script|
|Add Date:||2004-05-17||Pull Date:||2004-07-19||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Jul 4||Jun 6||May 30||May 23|
|1.||Jul 01, 2004:||Les Chevaux de Frise |
Voices From the Past (Instru
|4.||May 27, 2004:||The Triumph Of Time Over Space |
Voices From the Past (Instru
|2.||Jun 03, 2004:||The Triumph of Time Over Space |
Waves of Destruction
|5.||May 20, 2004:||The Triumph Of Time Over Space |
|3.||Jun 02, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude |
Sceptic – Unbeliever’s Script (Candlelight)|
Death metal. Extremely technical, overly complex, viciously brutal, sometimes melodic, with ripping solos, thundering drums and bass, shred-tastic guitar riffs, tons of change-ups, on-a-dime shifts, lots of clean and acoustic guitars, atmospheric passages, and other various skill-intensive exercises in ecstasy. Obvious influence of the day: Death. Even the vocals sound like Chuck (R.I.P.). Apparently this thing came out a couple of years ago in Europe, but we Americans just got it, and we’ve been missing out. These Poles, along with country mates Decapitated, are leading the new wave of meaningful, thinking-man’s metal. For that, I salute them! And they seem so young, too! Which is even more surprising given that they don’t have a single song about Satan or other silly metal-isms, and instead focus on real issues. Fantastic, and definitely impressive; play this!
1) Damn! Twisting riffs that shift and change and time signatures that won’t stand still for more than a few seconds at a time.
2) More of the same, only this time there are more triplets and bass madness and two vastly differing choruses with some almost power-metal-ish leads.
3) More mid-tempo, with downtuned riffs and some eerie clean guitar passages. The choruses are killer!
4) A definite nod to Morbid Angel on this one, especially on those choppy/angular riffs.
5) More rhythmic, catchy riff with constant that morphs into another Morbid Angel worshipping ceremony. Overall, really fucking good, though, especially the clean guitar mid-section.
6) Fantasy-tinged, mid-tempo death bombast, double bass, and Psycroptic-like chord progressions.
7) Seven-minute instrumental that goes through a TON of changes, including clean parts, messy parts, full-on thrash parts, and even has voice samples thrown in (seems to me they missed the point of an instrumental song).
8) Sick, and completely unhealthy, vocal performance coupled with very melodic guitar runs and some neat drumming (I can’t even tell, what time it’s in). Awesome stuff!
9) Whispered vocals over horror-show guitars, and then becomes this terrifyingly heavy, doomy tune with all these drawn-out chords and quiet moments. Amazing.
|1.||Unbeliever's Script||5.||Shapeless Entity|
|2.||Illusion Possessor||6.||Knowledge Gatherer|
|3.||Controlled By Mind||7.||Voices From the Past (Instru|
|4.||Soul Controllers||8.||Spiritually Tormented|
|9.||Waves of Destruction|