|Mongoloidian Glow / Paardon?|
|Add Date:||2004-05-10||Pull Date:||2004-07-12|
|Week Ending:||11 Jul||27 Jun||20 Jun||6 Jun||30 May||23 May||16 May|
|1.||Jul 26, 2004:||Cleanup on Aisle You |
Queen of the Night
|4.||Jun 13, 2004:||rust belt |
Queen of the Night
|2.||Jul 07, 2004:||Stirling's Approximation |
|5.||Jun 05, 2004:||Mor On - The Literate Pop Fan |
|3.||Jun 23, 2004:||Brownian Interim |
|6.||Jun 04, 2004:||Distraction-Limited |
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Awesome rawking release by explosive Baltimore post-punk female duo. Grey dissonant metallic grooves sweeping like a sonic wave… intermixed with catchy girl melodies and with plenty of playfully subversive attitude (sex and drugs). Love Glenn Branca, Sonic Youth, early Blonde Redhead-like dissonant textures and rhythmic attacks? Love sexually subversive DC/Olympia riot grrrl punk vocal melodies? Then this shit’s for you. A rare jewel of dissonant catchiness. Powerful, assaulting and pretty. Fucking underground! I have been seriously addicted. (Mongoloidian Glow is one of the greatest live bands I have ever seen!)|
Play: 6, 9, 4, 3, 1, 2
1. This song appeals to Bill C’s sexual deviance… great lyrics, mid-tempo, noisy, metallically dissonant. Lots of “pulling and stroking”. Mmmm!
2. Swampy garage-y, dirty. Swinging rhythm.
3. Pretty melodies and catchy chord progressions. Uptempo and “dissonant” texture
4. Rawkin’. Glenn Branca and Sonic Youth come in mind.
5. Mid tempo. Nostalgically bitter sad.
6. Balls-out punk rawkin’... catchy and metallic (1X “fucked up the ass” not that obvious, but be warned...).
7. FCC… “fucking high”. Strung-out dissonance.
8. Refreshingly pretty and dissonant. Fun, upbeat and funny. (FCC: asshole)
9. Intense! Awesome Glenn Branca-ish/Sonic Youth-ish instrumental with mysterious German-spoken prose. Primal beats and assaulting attacks. Fucking underground! Awesome!
|1.||William Simms||5.||Yin Yang|
|2.||Joleen Hemple||6.||Same Situation|
|3.||Reinvent Yourself||7.||Can U High|
|4.||Queen of the Night||8.||Say Why|