Three generations of Scottish Celtic musicians from Nova Scotia. Lively & honest with piano, fiddle, and foot-stomping dances. All instrumental w/great notes discussing the family history. Most tracks combine dances of varying tempos (marches, reels, jigs, etc.) This is very good stuff but I especially liked the following:
1. Strathespey/reel set w/a get-on-your-feet catchiness.
3. Nice progression from match to strathspey to reel. All well done.
4. A driving, stately march into an almost bluegrassy reel.
5. Turns into a fun toe-tapping reel.
9. Fiddle/piano/stepdancing. Has a nice energy to it.
10. A big fiddle/piano set of reels.
13. Fiddle/guitar/piano, an energetic, folksy set of dances.
14. A fairly traditional sound. Sweet fiddle/piano duet.
15. Three sold jigs w/great timing between piano & fiddle.
16. Four fiddles and two pianos combine in an energetic set.