|Fur Cups for Teeth / Allergic 2 Fur|
|Album:||Allergic 2 Fur||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Fur Cups for Teeth||Added:||05/2004|
|Add Date:||2004-08-30||Pull Date:||2004-10-31|
|Week Ending:||31 Oct||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct||3 Oct||26 Sep||19 Sep||12 Sep|
|1.||Wed, 28 Dec 16:||smurph|
Oh Messy Life
|4.||Sun, 26 Aug 07:||Steven|
|2.||Wed, 30 Dec 15:||DJ Randall|
Home on the Range
|5.||Thu, 09 Aug 07:||michaelu|
It's not Gavin
|3.||Tue, 07 Oct 08:||Mr. Sparkle/The Dead KennyGs|
Mmmm...Tastes Like Candy
|6.||Wed, 18 Oct 06:||mike|
Baptism of Solitude
Fur Cups For Teeth "Allergic 2 Fur" - Punky-electro trio from NY that consists of two ex KZSU DJs (Keach & Jeannie Kim). It's full of serious sassy attitude. Sexy, fun, and sometimes a little pissed off. Nice fuzzed out guitars along side organ, keyboard, and drum machine. And lets not forget the use of a vacuum cleaner, speak 'n spell, slide whistle, and who knows what else. Songs are both minimal and full at the same time. Great stuff. Check it out!|
My Picks: 1, 4, 5
Katie P. 8/18/04
1) Fast midtempo with nice steady bass line. Guitar is added slowly. Spoken vocals saying odd things that don't really connect. Some singing over top at times. Pretty minimal. Very cool attitude with loud screamy explosions near the end.
2) Starts with quiet drumming. In comes a cool slick crunchy guitar line. Laid back midtempo with sassy attitude. Nice organ and drum machine are pretty subtle.
3) Starts with siren and tire screeching. Midtempo groove that is heavier on the electronic sound. Vocals are distorted. Goofy slide whistle. Picks up intensity for part of the chorus and then back down.
4) Starts with vocals. Drums come in, then the organ and bass are added. Vocals keep repeating chorus over and over as instruments are added. Funny distorted vocals and spoken vocals. Then some kind of sassy girl cheer. This is weird. Hypnotic bass line.
5) Uptempo drums and percussion. Huh, is that a dust buster? Girls come in cheering "happy for, proud of" over and over. Then spoken vocals of meaningless snippets of small talk. Sounds like a blender in there too. This is goofy but pretty cool.
6) Bloopy keyboard and fuzzed out guitar hits. Fast midtempo yet still quite minimal. Almost angry, but it seems like a dance song. Fcc: says "motherfuckin'"
7) Starts with the speak 'n spell "music" along with a solid complimentary bass line. Lots of "ah-ahs." When the speak 'n spell voice chimes in it slows down and then ends with over 2:30 left. It's total silence until the end of the track.
8) Bonus track. Fades in with speak n' spell voice and just spells "Fur cups for teeth" over and over. It's layered a little. Ends abruptly.
|1.||Boxed Lunch||4.||Mystery Train|
|2.||$100 Haircut||5.||Happy For, Proud of|
|3.||Going to Bars||6.||Bust a Move|