|Spanish Harlem Orchestra / Across 110TH Street|
|Album:||Across 110TH Street||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Spanish Harlem Orchestra||Added:||05/2004|
|Add Date:||2004-06-28||Pull Date:||2004-08-30||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||29 Aug||15 Aug||8 Aug||1 Aug||25 Jul||18 Jul||11 Jul||4 Jul|
|1.||Thu, 01 Dec 16:||Fo|
No Cover, No Minimum
|4.||Sun, 19 Aug 07:||Steven|
|2.||Thu, 21 Jul 16:||M A R G Y|
|5.||Wed, 29 Nov 06:||Sunshine|
|3.||Tue, 01 Sep 09:||Decca|
At the Cafe Bohemian
|6.||Tue, 04 Jul 06:||Decca|
The Cafe Americain
Delicious salsa music just in time for summer. Guest Ruben Blades adds flair, but they do just fine on their own. There’s nothing subtle here. The horns are brassy, the percussion is hot, the vocals are smooth and the music is yummy. An Afro-Cuban sound filtered through New York City. It’s fiery, infectious dance music and if it doesn’t make you want to shake your hips, then you probably don’t have hips. Play it all, kiddies.|
*1. Catchy percussion/good vox/chorus/big horns. Yay.
*2. Great male vocal duet w/a romantic big band sound.
3. Warm vox, lots of brass & percussion. Upbeat & energetic.
4. Nicely brassy horns/lots of percussion. A jazzy, uptempo dance.
*5. A swinging, jazzy cha-cha w/lots of goodness from the band.
6. A hot and happy groove w/nice work from chorus/brass/perc.
7. Strong orchestration & vocals. Uptempo & catchy.
*8. Warm vocals shine & lots of brass/perc in this fast & sexy dance.
9. Another great uptempo dance w/sexy vocals/orchestration.
*10. Big and happy w/breezy vocals & delicious horns.
*11. Instrumental jazz jam w/great piano/horns/perc solos. Wow!
*12. Sultry, romantic, and slow w/deliciously retro vocal harmonies.
13. Fun vocals, lots of brass, a playful, swaying little dance.