|Alabama Thunderpussy / Fulton Hill|
|Add Date:||2004-07-26||Pull Date:||2004-09-26||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||12 Sep||22 Aug||15 Aug||8 Aug||1 Aug|
|1.||Sep 08, 2004:||press and release |
Such Is Life
|4.||Aug 11, 2004:||press and release |
Such Is Life
|2.||Aug 19, 2004:||Les Chevaux De Frise |
Such Is Life
|5.||Aug 04, 2004:||press and release |
|3.||Aug 12, 2004:||Les Chevaux De Frise |
|6.||Jul 29, 2004:||Les Chevaux De Frise |
Alabama Thunderpussy – Fulton Hill (Relapse) |
Whoooooo! Yeah! Rock and fuckin’ roll! Imagine the members of Down, Motorhead, COC, and High on Fire at a drinking contest that moves on to a huge brawl. This would be the soundtrack to that. Dirty, gritty, slimy southern-blues influenced rock with stoner, metal, and even (gasp!) country influences. Excellent stuff.
1) Slow, meandering jam, all-instrumental, that swells into an overdriven guitar solo. This is the sound that the whole CD sums up to.
2) Swirly riff, if that makes any sense, with some really dirty, evil vocals.
3) Driving rocker about the troubles of the working class, delivered with passion and conviction (as well as a killer solo). I feel this, but beware of FCC (“fucker”) at –1:04.
4) A lot more melodic with a killer organ backdrop, this one is so touching and soulful in its delivery. Amazing!
5) Long diatribe on the looker-downers, so to speak, interrupted many times for some quick, cool solos. Gets really slow and sludgy towards the end.
6) Aw yeah! Feel that riff pounding your head in, feel the fire of the drums, and then get up and dance, motherfucker!
7) Introspective, lonesome blues-based rock with acoustic guitar and clean vocals. This song could actually be a mainstream hit.
8) Now we’re talking. Short, no-bullshit rocker that’s still kinda sad and down. Get in, kick ass, rock hard, get the fuck out and never look back.
9) Anthem for the rock crowd, isn’t cheesy because those riffs are smokin’! FCCs, though at –2:48 and –2:02 (“fucking”), but otherwise, priceless song.
10) Another introspective, acoustic-guitar and clean vocal song. Long, drawn out, jamming guitar and piano solos in the middle, with a ton of angelic female backing vocals, killer song. A ballad for the ages.
11) FCCs, too many to catch, just forget it, there are eleven other great songs on this CD.
12) Mid-paced, churning rocker, something that will push you over the edge after that last beer. Long (13+ minutes), with many meandering parts, and some really slow, eerie, acoustic parts in the middle sections. Killer, one of the best songs of the year, for sure. Think of the more epic moments of Down and Monster Magnet. If you’ve got the time, this is the song for you.
|1.||Such Is Life||7.||Alone Again|
|4.||Three Stars||10.||Do not|
|5.||Bear Baiting||11.||Sociopath Shitlist|
|6.||Infested||12.||Struggling for Balance|