|Various Artists / Rough Guide Fado|
|Album:||Rough Guide Fado||Collection:||World|
|Label:||World Music Network|
|Add Date:||2004-07-12||Pull Date:||2004-09-12||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||12 Sep||5 Sep||29 Aug||15 Aug||8 Aug||1 Aug||25 Jul||18 Jul|
|1.||Oct 30, 2016:||DJ YJ's Cultural Tidbits: From Fado to Sevdah |
Amor Mais Que Perfeito, Tenho Ruas no Meu Peito, Beijos De Fogo
|4.||Sep 07, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Tenho Ruas no Meu Peito
|2.||Jun 16, 2006:||Mr. S's Wild Ride |
|5.||Sep 01, 2004:||Civil Society |
Amor Em Tons De Sol Maior
|3.||Nov 09, 2004:||Storytime--Showtime! |
|6.||Aug 24, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Beijos De Fogo
How could you leave me, my darling? My heart bleeds for your love. If only I could sing like this, I would miss you less. Exquisite fado from Lisbon & Coimbra, mostly accompanied by the standard fado combo of Portuguese guitar, guitar, and bass. Both contemporary and classic fado is represented. It’s all gorgeous, but I liked these the best.|
1. Warm and swaying w/rich male vocals.
2. Strong female vocals w/lots of emotion. Relaxed & sad.
4. A teenage boy w/a a surprisingly mature (and feminine) vox.
5. Gorgeous female vox/guitar, a relaxed, more contemp. sound.
8. Coimbra-style guitar-based instrumental. Wonderfully played.
9. The classic fado diva. Lush, old-fashioned & passionate.
10. Slow & elegant w/guitars & tragic male vocals.
14. Clear female vocals/guitars. Midtempo.
17. Sweet & passionate fem. vox, guitars, slow & full of longing.
19. Soft & deep female vocals w/a gentle sense of sorrow.