|N'dour, Youssou / Egypt|
|Artist:||N'dour, Youssou||Added:||Jun 2004|
|Add Date:||2004-06-28||Pull Date:||2004-08-30||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Sep 5||Aug 29||Aug 22||Aug 15||Aug 8||Aug 1||Jul 25||Jul 11|
|1.||Jun 07, 2018:||Melange |
|4.||May 03, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||May 14, 2012:||No Longer at Ease |
|5.||Nov 30, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Jul 26, 2005:||At the Caffe Bohemian |
|6.||Sep 02, 2004:||Sun in Libra Moon in Pisces |
N’Dour combines the rhythms and melodies of his native Senagal with Egyptian and Arabic influences in a release that celebrates Islamic Sufism. According to the promo material “the lyrics demonstrate a distinctly Senegalese way of Islam, and of Sufi thought and practice, with references to venerated caliphs, saints, and sages.” The music is lush, rich, and glorious w/strong orchestration and amazing vocals. One star each track.|
*1. Light & melodic w/beautiful strings/perc/flute & vocals.
2. Uptempo w/wonderful orchestration/chorus/vocals.
3. Slow and soaring. Dramatic and haunting. Wonderful.
*4. Fast perc/strings. Great flutes & call/response w/chorus.
*5. Warm and lyrical w/a fluid rhythm and wonderful melody.
6. Midtempo w/lots of strings, a light rhythm & a happy feeling.
7. Big orchestration. Strings, nice backing vocals. Bright & warm.
8. Starts lively, gets slower, dramatic, then back. Good chorus/perc.
|2.||Shukran Bamba||6.||Bamba the Poet|
|3.||Mahdiyu Laye||7.||Cheikh Ibra Fall|