|I Am the World Trade Center / Cover Up, the|
|Album:||Cover Up, the||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||I Am the World Trade Center||Added:||07/2004|
|Add Date:||2004-08-30||Pull Date:||2004-10-31|
|Week Ending:||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct||3 Oct||26 Sep||12 Sep||5 Sep|
|1.||Apr 06, 2016:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
The Cover Up
|4.||Oct 19, 2004:||All This - And Mor! |
The Cover Up
|2.||Jun 16, 2006:||too heavy for titanium |
|5.||Oct 15, 2004:||I once was canadian |
|3.||May 04, 2006:||The Sad Men's Club |
|6.||Oct 13, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
I Am The World Trade Center "The Cover Up" - The electropop duo of I Am The World Trade Center pulls off another fun album. Lots of great blippy plinky electronics provided by their laptop no doubt along with great pop song styles. This is a fun dance album that is almost entirely about one of their breakups that happened during the making of this album. The songs range from happy to sad to moody to angry and most have lyrics that deal with the breakup in some way (sad pining, accusations, apologies, etc.). Vocal layerings are used quite effectively and the computer voice is just funny (but it works). All the songs are worth playing. If you like electropop at all you should definitely play this!|
My Picks: 1, 3, 4, 5, 10
Katie P. 8/17/04
1) Starts with some drum machines and keyboards. Fast midtempo with a very 80's electronic feel to it. Cute little dance number with a nice catchy chorus. Funny spoken male backup vocals with female vocals up front. Fun with a slight bit of anger.
2) Spacey keyboards until the drum machine hits in. A little more disco feel to it. Uptempo and pretty angry. Wow, great computer voice backup vocals!
3) Definite dance/disco feel on this one. Cute keyboard noodlings in the background and her voice is just perfect. Cool keyboard changeup near the end. Fun blippy plinky sharp sound.
4) Fades in with solid hard drum beat and flange. Blippy fun dance number contrasts nicely with the sad breakup lyrics.
5) Hard angry mood with bass keyboards. Harsh drum machine hits. Nice fast midtempo. Trying to convince someone to come back simply because the other can't make it alone.
6) Moody with a sense of urgency. Uptempo with plenty of blippy keyboards. Computer voice backups. Nice vocal layerings. Another bitter breakup song, sounds like the final fight.
7) Happy and bouncy. Uptempo and fun. This even has some guitar in there along with the usual drum machine and keyboards. A cover of The Jam's song.
8) Cool psychedelic guitar here and there. Fast midtempo with tons of keyboards. Song about how each person in the breakup has their own side of the story. Chorus is very repetitive and kind of monotonous.
9) Uptempo light keyboards that seem somewhat muted. Up front vocals. More of a confession song about the breakup.
10) Uptempo and harder. Pounding drums machine along with moody keyboards. A little sense of desperation in the song talking about dating new people and how it's now awkward.
11) Electronic keyboards and then the drum machine hits in with a solid uptempo dance number. Sort of sad and slightly angry song about lies and betrayal.
12) Starts with a guitar riff and then the keyboards and drums come in for a nice fast midtempo. Just a fun song about rockin' it tonight. Strangely it feels a little too slow to really be that rockin'. I guess they don't want to rock it too hard...
|1.||No Expectations||7.||Going Underground|
|2.||Great Escape||8.||Different Stories|
|3.||Future Sightings||9.||His N Hers|
|4.||Love Tragedy||10.||The Cover Up|
|5.||Floow Me||11.||Silent Film Stars|
|6.||Deny It||12.||Rock It|