Girls in a Coma? I'm in a coma. Kicking sleazy post-punk dead-indie release from San Antonio, TX. An all-female trio. They thank the Smiths/Morrisey on note, but owe also to Pixies, Pretenders, Blondie, and Sleater Kinney.
This is raw and rough, and lacks depth and variety, but as stand-alone tracks these are great. Check check check them out.
Start with 2(FCC), 1, 4.
FCC: 2, 6.
1. * Upbeat, ripping riff, loud, fun simple lyrics.*
2. ** FCC (“Fuck you” around –0:24, I think), Chrissie Hynde takes a Pixies turn, then Smiths, great **
3. Soaring vox in chorus, bass persistnace, rock and roll.
4. * Mid tempo dirty powerful guitar riffs and vox.*
5. Guitars are more laid back and melodic, but drums kick ass. Levels go up and down until explodes at the end.
6. FCC (“Shit”) Aggressive, mid/fast tempo. Gets faster towards end.
7. More British, Smiths. Mid tempo, loud.
8. Slower start, guitar/vox, bass/drums join subtly, builds up, emo vox. Mor