|Various Artists / Sigh Cry Die|
|Album:||Sigh Cry Die||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Arf Arf Records|
|Add Date:||2004-09-06||Pull Date:||2004-11-07|
|Week Ending:||7 Nov||31 Oct||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct||3 Oct||26 Sep||19 Sep|
|1.||Oct 11, 2016:||Magnetized Toner |
Without You, Cause I Love You
|4.||Apr 19, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
|2.||Jul 19, 2013:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
Last Night I Cried
|5.||Nov 03, 2004:||press and release |
Run and Hide
|3.||Aug 18, 2009:||Hipster Garbage [with Trent] |
Cause I Love You
|6.||Nov 02, 2004:||All This - And Mor! |
Cause I Love You
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
A compilation of 1960s garage-psych ballads done by ambitious mopheads of no posthumous fame. Songs of heartache and heartbreak brought to you by the one and only Arf!Arf! Records. Mopey and as goth as it can get for the flowery 1960s. Sliping just one of these in your playlist will make you sound so HIP. Think mid sixties Beatles ballads and 60s psyche pop easy-liz sound like the Turtles, the Association, Peanut Butter Conspiracy minus the female vox (this CD is a sausage fest). The sound is the 1960s equivalent of what in High Fedility Jack Black sarcastically referred to as sad bastard music (ie. Belle & Sebastian, The Smiths). Dare to be hip and sad bastard? Play this!|
Play: 26, 28, 9, 7, 12, 14, 17, 19, 20, 21
1. Dark heavy sparse psyche.
2. Predictable melodic structure.
3. Ethereal, melodic psyche. Chimes, flowers and cries.
4. Now this sad bastard.
5. Think this wins the award for the best "bad break-up song" ever. Listen to these lyrics!
6. Melancholic pop - do i hear a sitar in this one?
7. Nice harmonica and cool organ.
8. Mopey heavy psyche.
9. Cool sound effects and rocking chorus with nice vox.
10. Mopey heavy psyche.
11. Syrupy psychedelica.
12. Cathcy melodic hooks. I like the low-fi production.
13. Something about being a "willow tree"
14. Heavy borderline-suicidal sadness. This actually somehow reminds me Cobain and NIRVANA.
15. Seductive rhythm. Picks up on chorus.
16. Somber organ.
17. Chimes/bells and harmonicas.
18. This rips off the Beatles so badly!
19. Cool-sounding organ. Syrupy vocals.
20. Almost like a 1950s acapela feel with baritone singers. The Temptations.
21. Slick psyche. Nice guitar tones.
22. Heavy distorto guitar with psyche.
23. Sad bastard with pop vocals.
24. Sparse reverby guitar lines. Slow and somber.
25. Bluesy-garagey guitar lead solos; lush percussion; psychedelic pop vocals.
26. Nice driving organ and rhythmic kicks. Sounds like straight outta the 60s Greek garage scene.
27. Beatlesque backing multi-vocal harmonies. Rocking rhythm.
28. Nice R'n'B twists. A bit sinister mood.
29. Spacey, dreamy... it's kind of talentless but you know that these guys are probably tripping on drugs. So it does not matter.