|Kilowatthours and the Rum Diar / Kilowatthours and the Rum Diar|
|Album:||Kilowatthours and the Rum Diar||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Kilowatthours and the Rum Diar||Added:||Aug 2004|
|Add Date:||2004-11-22||Pull Date:||2005-01-24|
|Week Ending:||Dec 5||Nov 28|
|1.||Jul 24, 2006:||back page |
|3.||Nov 25, 2004:||Fiction Romance - Thanksgiving Marathon |
|2.||Nov 30, 2004:||All This - And Mor! |
|4.||Nov 24, 2004:||Dross |
Kilowatthours & The Rum Diary "Kilowatthours & The Rum Diary" - A nice split CD with 2 very fine indie rock bands. Kilowatthours does tracks 1, 3, 7, 8, The Rum Diary takes 2, 4, 6, 9, and they collaborate on track 5. Kilowatthours seems a little more straightforward indie rock. Mellow male vocals with quiet drums and guitars. Lots of guitar layers with some spacey noise here and there. The Rum Diary is a bit more bass driven with its melodies and have more vocal harmonies. Overall the songs are really pretty and highly enjoyable. If you want some mellow spacey indie rock you should definitely check this out.|
My Picks: 2, 7, 9
Katie P. 11/10/04
1) Fades in with slow strumming guitar and ambient guitar noise/fuzz. Indie rock male vocals. Drums come in with a slow midtempo. Shimmery and dreary. Fades into next song.
2) Continues from previous track. Nice guitar fingering with some spacey sounds in the background. Drums come in with a solid midtempo. Lays down a nice groove with complimentary vocal harmonies. Really cool breakdown section goes to the end with "whao-oh" vocals and handclaps/minimal percussion.
3) Pretty guitar layers. Solid midtempo. Solid basic indie rock tune. Fcc: says "fucked" a few times.
4) Pulsing beat falls into a nice midtempo groove. Nice vocal layers. Alternates between heavier bass and light airy parts.
5) Slowly fades in with some piano and fuzz noise. This song has both bands together. Vocal layers get added and the song slowly builds more and more. Dragging midtempo that is light.
6) Starts with quiet drums. Keyboards, bells, and guitar are added. Mellow low and quiet.
7) Quiet and slow to start. Fades in with droning. Nice vocal layers. Slow midtempo and pretty.
8) Slow and quiet guitars. Muffled vocals. About halfway through drums come in and it gets much louder.
9) Fades in with noises that sound a little spacey and a little like insects. Guitar hits in with a nice solid midtempo. Nice vocal harmonies. Space landscapes keep it calm and cool. With about 2 minutes left the tempo picks up a bit and bass get heavier. Nice heavy fuzzed out guitar for a bit.
|9.||In Attempt to Reach the Shor|