|Sakamoto, Ryuichi / Chasm|
|Artist:||Sakamoto, Ryuichi||Added:||Aug 2004|
|Label:||Kab America Inc.|
|Add Date:||2005-01-23||Pull Date:||2005-03-27|
|Week Ending:||Mar 27||Mar 20||Mar 6||Feb 27||Feb 13||Jan 30|
|1.||Dec 18, 2021:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Mar 26, 2005:||the Dog and Pony show |
|2.||May 06, 2008:||Peace at the Cafe Bohemian |
War & Peace
|5.||Mar 22, 2005:||Princess in the evening |
|3.||Feb 19, 2006:||Dancing in Outer Space |
|6.||Mar 19, 2005:||The Dog and Pony Show |
Artist: Ryuichi Sakamoto|
Electronic/sample/socially conscious pop. Meticulous production with careful work on musical backgrounds. Minimalist aesthetic, and often chilly. I liked 1, 6, 8, 12 and 15.
1) 85 bpm. Chill-hop w/ English samples and Japanese lyrics punctuated with “yo.”
2) 120 bpm. Sounds like fingers dragged along a guitar string, then rhythmic electronic noise.
3) 116 bpm. Chill guitar, electronics “Is war as old as gravity?”
4) 120 bpm. Pretty, bell-like electronics systematically warped and looped. Minimal and ambient.
5) 40 bpm. Mournful lyrics (English) crooner-style about environmental degredation. Extols world citizenship.
6) 55 bpm. Quiet intro, ambient w/ sim. bird sounds, very mellow.
7) 120 bpm. Meandering, delicate piano loop, light electronic beat. Sampled female voice.
8) 85 bpm. Pensive, repeated piano/synth pattern. Odd, pipe-like inflected melody.
9) 100 bpm. Minimalist dance beat. Good for voiceovers?
10) 60 bpm. Title 20 msec, actually 332,000 ms. Sim. to 9, less beat.
11) 25 bpm. Quiet intro, peeps, static, paper sounds, low hum. Oddly interesting.
12) 85 bpm. Electronic gadget sounds, piano notes, guitar feedback.
13) 80 bpm. Basic beat, thick electronic distortion. Tiresome.
14) 60 bpm. Thick electronic washes, sort of Bladerunner-esqe.
15) Piano and pipa, bells, electronic background. Later, flute.
|3.||War & Peace||10.||20 Msec|
|5.||World Citizen||12.||World Citizen/ Re-Cycled|
|6.||Only Love Can Conquer Hate||13.||Song|