|Album:||Bush Taxi Mali||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Aug 2004|
|Add Date:||2004-12-12||Pull Date:||2005-02-13||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jan 23||Jan 16||Jan 9||Jan 2||Dec 26||Dec 19|
|1.||Aug 18, 2005:||I once was a world citizen
|4.||Jan 13, 2005:||Sun in Libra, Moon in Pisces
|2.||Jan 18, 2005:||The Devil's Collective
Dogon Country at Night, O Mansa Musa
|5.||Jan 09, 2005:||radiomundi
Morning in Djenne
|3.||Jan 14, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian
|6.||Jan 06, 2005:||Worldwide
1. * Starts with farm sounds, roosters etc. Then warm female vox, nice picking on the ngoni (banjo ancestor).*
2. 1 minute of radio recording, switching between frequencies.
3. Bluesy solo picking, no vox, mid tempo.
4. Flute solo, fast tempo drums added a minute in.
5. * Warm, beautiful female vox go acapella. Nice. *
6. Street sounds.
7. * Beautiful folky piece by two ngonis (guitar/banjo). Slow/mid. *
8.Scattered children choir, clapping. Percussion and whistling at the end.
9. * That female vox again, with ngoni and drums, richer and beautiful. *
10. Pre-track street sounds. Real track is strong string-plucked nice tune, goat vox. Really.
11. Recording the heavy distortion and feedback of a wedding celebration sound system. Female vox, some basic percussion. Ends quiet with bird sounds.
12. Again two ngonis (similar to 7, but not as nice). Slow/mid. Ends with street/market sounds.
13. * Quiet picking, tender, beautiful intro. Deep female vox enter *
14. * Near-silent fade in. Farm sounds. Night. Donkey really going at it. *