|Visitations, the / Propaganda|
|Label:||<No Label Info>|
|Add Date:||2004-10-04||Pull Date:||2004-12-06|
|Week Ending:||5 Dec||21 Nov||14 Nov||7 Nov||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct|
|1.||Nov 06, 2009:||The DJ Never Has It |
|4.||Nov 11, 2004:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Osama & Your Suv
|2.||Dec 02, 2004:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|5.||Nov 03, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
Be not Afraid
|3.||Nov 18, 2004:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|6.||Nov 02, 2004:||All This - And Mor! |
Lighthearted, sardonic Bush-bashing indie rock. Davey Wrathgabar and his friends in the Georgia-based Elephant 6 collective slapped this album together in July 2004 and released it a month later. Voice can be grating or endearing (your choice) in its baby-talk delivery, like TMBG. Wrathgabar was in Fable Factory and also previously released a non-political LP by The Visitations. Guests on this album include members of Of Montreal and Circulatory System. Well-chosen Bush spoken samples, a fairly wide range of musical styles, and very competent playing and production make this a great little record for election season 2004. FCC: 6. Start with 2, 5, 8, 11.|
1. starts with George Bush spoken sample. Bass comes in, then drums, for an indie-dance beat. About disaffection with the media and politics.
==> 2. Hand claps and a silly funk groove. “Shock and awe democracy – questionable intelligence.”
3. Mid-fast. Simple drums, bass, and acoustic guitar. An ode to apathy.
4. Fun with GWB samples. Short.
==> 5. Mid-slow. Poignant folk rock about humvees and oil.
6. FCC: Fuck, shit. Just guitar and voice. About empty patriotism.
7. Quick shuffle. One step beyond promoting apathy… promotes self-euthanasia. Silly but danceable.
==> 8. Mid-slow, ‘60s-feel, swaying folk rock with whistling and sound effects. In praise of hate radio.
9. Mid-fast, syncopated beat with odd percussion. About Wall Street corruption. FCC? Suggestive of anal sex, but those who might be offended probably aren’t perceptive enough to get it.
10. Mid-slow ballad -- arpeggio guitar plus voice about Jesus and the fucked up state of the world.
==> 11. Stand-out track. Great anti-Bush folk rock. Simple but powerful statement against Republican fear mongering.
|1.||Television||6.||Burn a Flag (4 July)|
|2.||Questionable Intelligence||7.||Euthanize Yourself|
|3.||Florida||8.||Talkin' Hate Radio Blues|
|4.||Dubya Speaks||9.||Milk the Bull|
|5.||Osama & Your Suv||10.||The Good News|
|11.||Be not Afraid|