|Le Scrawl / Eager to Please|
|Album:||Eager to Please||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Life Is Abuse|
|Add Date:||2004-10-04||Pull Date:||2004-12-06||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||28 Nov||21 Nov||31 Oct||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct|
|1.||Jun 07, 2008:||Scatterbrain Replacement Radio |
|4.||Jul 06, 2006:||Cognitive Overload |
|2.||Jun 04, 2008:||nag champa orangeasm |
|5.||Nov 21, 2004:||Oh Messy Life |
|3.||Apr 26, 2008:||Bloodstains Across Atherton |
One By One
|6.||Nov 19, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude |
An amazing mix of grindcore, ska, lounge music, hardcore, punk, silliness and politics. This band mixes it all up often playing 2 or 3 sounds in a single song. The songs are short and quick, the vocals are hilarious in contrast to when the music isn’t heavy, and the band can change directions quickly. Keyboards that play loungy short bits, trombone, trumpet and flugelhorn mixed right in with quick heavy metal guitar and growling vocals almost all the time. From German, use to be called Scrawl, and have been around since 1990. 13 songs and 15 minutes! |
**1. Fun punk and grindcore combination with really quick vocals and a completely ska breakdown that shows up 2 or 3 times. Keyboard solo. All this with growling vocals, and gang backing vocals.
**2. Catchy backing vocals singing “antisocial”. This track isn’t as heavy. The guitar is playing more of a jazz sound. Keyboards and bass lead the way. There is a slow sappy guitar solo.
**3. Hardcore metal combination and a really catchy song. After they sing the chorus there are lounge-y keyboards and a horn solo! Stops on a dime.
4. Another track with a ska breakdown.
5. More of a straight metal guitar sound and a guitar solo.
6. Fast. Guitar goes clean for the chorus and then later the band stops on a dime for a jazzy organ solo.
7. Starts lounge-y with some nice trumpet. But he’s still growling the vocals over the top of this lounge-y jazz. Then a guitar solo shows up! Never gets heavy.
8. Fun metal guitar, more gang backing vocals.
9. Catchy beginning that sounds like a sped up Cure. Piano, drums, and growled vocals? Sad sounding.
10. Short and quick. They still fit in a trumpet solo.
11. Starts jazzy with bass, keyboards and jazz drumming. I’ll laugh every time when his gruff, growling vocals come in over music like this. Keys and trumpet alternate solos.
**12. A track were they mix it all together. Quick hardcore/metal guitar, lounge-y keyboards, growled vocals and short ska parts. All in 59 seconds.
13. Maybe the heaviest and quickest track. The guitar is metal sounding.
Great stuff. -mph
|4.||One By One||10.||Sick and Tired|
|5.||No for An Answer||11.||Should've Known Better|
|6.||Do or Die||12.||Tenderloin|