|Add Date:||2004-11-29||Pull Date:||2005-01-31||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Jan 30||Jan 23||Jan 9||Dec 26||Dec 19||Dec 12||Dec 5|
|1.||Apr 27, 2016:||Home on the Range
Blood and Thunder
|4.||Sep 08, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld
|2.||Dec 17, 2015:||Home on the Range
Hearts Alive, Naked Burn, Blood and Thunder
|5.||Aug 06, 2015:||What was scene?
Blood and Thunder
|3.||Sep 17, 2015:||What was scene?
I Am Ahab, Blood and Thunder
|6.||May 28, 2009:||"In Your Ear ..." with Bug, one more stint after fruit mould inhalation
**1. Check that guitar riff. First straight rock and then into a heavy pummeling and during the chorus we get a chance (if we stop head banging) to scream “White Whale, Holy Grail”. Very Iron Maiden/metal prog rock guitar runs in the middle. “Break your backs and crack your oars men. If you wish to prevail!”. The singer of Clutch sings some on this track.
**2. Big buildup guitar. The guitars are an interesting combination of heavy rock, Iron Maiden, and melodic. Vocals sing slowly.
3. The melodic guitar intro reminds me of a combination of Randy Rhodes and “The Call of the Kutulu”. Vocals are strangely melodic and the drums are very busy but in the background. Sorta prog metal until the end.
4. A more distorted hard rock sound including the vocals which are harder to understand. Raw and heavy. A lot of vague references to Vikings, ancient gods, and Iceland. And the ending? “Gullfoss. Heimaey ‘73”??
**5. Big head banging guitar riff with a groove.
6. About a mythical (I think mythical) great white shark. One of the faster tracks. Twin guitar riff towards the end.
7. A track lot like track 3. More melodic and not as heavy with cleaner vocals. The guitar riff 1 minute in is a definite nod to “Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner” by Iron Maiden.
8. Technical and somewhat complex opening but not in a modern techie metal way…more like Iron Maiden/Rush. This turns into thrash and later a heavy pummeling riff. Vocals remind me of Neurosis. Oh just looked at the liner notes that IS the singer from Neurosis. Ends very quiet, with the sound of waves and wind and blends with track
**9. This intro is right off a Rhodes/Ozzy record. An epic track, under 14 minutes long. It goes through many changes, including a quiet part with clean, almost spoken vocals, a very prog-y section at the half way mark, and a longer solo.
10. Pretty and somewhat odd, instrumental acoustic guitar.
A really good record! -mph
|1.||Blood and Thunder||6.||Megalodon|
|2.||I Am Ahab||7.||Naked Burn|
|5.||Iron Tusk||10.||Joseph Merrick|