|Clinic / Winchester Cathedral|
|Add Date:||2004-11-22||Pull Date:||2005-01-24|
|Week Ending:||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||26 Dec||19 Dec||12 Dec||5 Dec|
|1.||Tue, 21 May 19:||Telepathic Juan|
|4.||Fri, 17 Jun 05:||Riina|
|2.||Tue, 06 Feb 07:||Edwin and Jenn|
Lost and Found
|5.||Tue, 24 May 05:||Neepa|
Eclectica: Supersystem and DDM
|3.||Fri, 14 Apr 06:||Natalie|
The Top Shelf
|6.||Sun, 23 Jan 05:||Margot|
Robot Talent Show
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
CLINIC's Winchester Cathedral is like a psychology experiment gone awry. It's like Alex from Clockwork Orange and Frank Booth (the guy with the oxygen mask) from Lynch's Blue Velvet trying to make some music together. Sinisterly psychotic vocals, cold and metalic, over some seriously disturbing clarinet and melodica lines and a good doze of dissonant piano banging. But wait! The rocking ELECTRELANE-ish synth/percussion drives and grooves, the 60s psych vocal and guitar quotes (Syd Barrett, the Love), along with the familiar indie sullen sounds of GALAXIE 500 and LUNA make this a solidly interesting and credible performance. And no less shall be expected by the critically acclaimed and celebrated CLINIC. Go nuts now! |
Play 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11.
1. Electrelane-ish rhythmic drive. Lush percussion. A dissonant psychotic mood on vocals and on these melodica lines.
2. Overwhelmingly melodramatic. Piano melodies mix with assaulting synth effects and an Electrelane-ish ride-based percussion.
3. Sullen but with a solid pulse.
4. Fast driving guitar/bass lines. Sinister and psychotic. Rocking.
5. A madening ride of metalic dissonance. This will twist your psyche into a horrible nightmare. Highly disturbing!
6. A psych number. Soft and sweet. Very Pink Floyd (ca. Syd Barrett). Sparse repetitive instrumentation.
7. Blasting garage-y guitar rock'n'roll. Fucking rocks! The most balls out rocking track here. Guitar Wolf.
8. This makes me think: Luna. Very Luna.
9. Wow! Jazz anyone? Jazz-inspired percussion and guitar progressions. This is total Arthur Lee and the Love. Ornamental clarinet lines and surfy guitar leads.
10. Watch out! Your listeners may OD on wind instrumentation. Clarinet and melodica. Drum beats pound down like a dominatrix's whip.
11. Electrelane-ish heavy rocking drive (guitar/bass/organ/drums). It rocks! Heavy garage-y R'n'B sounding melodica lines.
12. Shit, it's this madening clarinet again! Thumping dissonant piano notes, fuzzed psych guitar leads. Groovy electrelane-ish percussion. Free jazzy coda.
|2.||Circle of Fifths||8.||The Majestic #2|
|5.||Vertical Take Off in Egypt||11.||Thank You|