|Augie March / Strange Bird|
|Add Date:||2005-01-09||Pull Date:||2005-03-13|
|Week Ending:||13 Mar||27 Feb||13 Feb||6 Feb||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan|
|1.||Nov 07, 2006:||What's in the Ice Box? |
|4.||Feb 21, 2005:||the ox and hammer show |
|2.||May 19, 2005:||The Devil's Single Collective |
The Train Will Be Taking No.
|5.||Feb 11, 2005:||Midnight Meanderings |
|3.||Mar 11, 2005:||Distraction-Limited |
Song in the Key of Chance
|6.||Feb 03, 2005:||I once was canadian |
Dream pop from Melbourne, Australia. Keyboards, rich production, lots of guitar, hushed vox in the tradition of the genre, some chamber elements, lush. Flaming Lips (mostly in vox), Radiohead. Sounds good, plays fine, some beautiful tracks in there. Start with 1, 2, 9, 13. FCC: 8|
1. * Classic noise-pop ballad, with piano, Flaming Lips vox. *
2. * Rolling train uptempo, swinging organ, multiple vox, cool, “traaaaaaaaaaiin!” *
3. Quiet, acoustic guitar, keyboard, piano. Picks up slightly.
4. Another quiet nice one.
5. Short, remote vox/choir and keyboard.
6. Loud, big electric guitar chords, more urgency.
7. Short intro to track 8, trumpets.
8. FCC (“Fuckin’”) Shivering, trembling vox. Mid/slow swirl.
9. * Nice drum beat, simple piano motif, mellow jangly backdrop.*
10. Twangy jazzy guitar/piano, low key, nice.
11. Slow/mid tempo, nice organ towards end.
12. Banjo, delicate, dreamy.
13. * Long. Dramatic piano, loud start. Alternates with quieter, synth-backdrop verses and loud bridges. Ends with 1-2-3 intro to next track*
14. Drony synths, quiet vox, backing vox as a remote shout. Slow floating on a calm Australian lake.