|Jukeboxer / In the Food Chain|
|Album:||In the Food Chain||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Absolutely Kosher Records|
|Add Date:||2004-11-08||Pull Date:||2005-01-10|
|Week Ending:||12 Dec||5 Dec||28 Nov||21 Nov||14 Nov|
|1.||Jun 26, 2010:||lost and found |
|4.||Dec 04, 2004:||Morning Glory |
|2.||Feb 15, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
|5.||Nov 30, 2004:||All This - And Mor! |
|3.||Dec 07, 2004:||All This and Mor: Going Down Under |
|6.||Nov 29, 2004:||Trip Over Zero |
House Burning Down, Russian Doll, Dooey, My Eyes Are Only, Opportunist, Terrestrial, Thursday, Banj, Chance Opening, Missing Link, Pilgrim
Delicate DX, with some vocals. This is no indie pop. Jukeboxer is Noah Wall from Brooklyn, plus some support from guests. Vocals (mostly by Amy Jones) are unique, often borrow from “world” music (Irish traditional, African). Instrumentation is both "traditional" (lots of acoustic guitar) and electronic. Of course, loops and programmed sequences galore. Not unlike Four Tet, Six Parts Seven. The result: absolutely beautiful. World DJs, you can get away with this as well.|
Personal favs: 1, 4, 5, 7, 10.
1. * Chill, quiet instrumental. Shakers-like sequenced beat, guitar and bass form the foundation, more and more instruments added… sea waves at the end… beautiful. *
2. Repeated lyrics: “Missing link of the food chain”. Mid tempo fuzzy beat, dreamy keyboard, then guitar takes over the theme.
3. Electro pop, delicate vox, hints of choir. Quiet beat, traditional (acoustic) and electronic (synths), elegant pop track!
4. * Tabla, and guitar that tries to be a sitar! Then the vox sound like traditional Irish folk… and a accordion… interesting, wonderful. *
5. * Guitars open, quietly. Then the feedback is looped and looped and looped… dramatic vox enter toward the end. *
6. Slow dreamy vox, drony backdrop. Backup vox go "shoowap"
7. * No beat. Unintelligible vox in the beginning, beatiful long acoustic guitar exploration., very thin compared to other tracks, but the buildup of fuzzy noise shows up at the end. *
8. Slow tempo, vox appear shortly, toyish opening and end. Quiet and drony. Sounds like an military sample at the end.
9. Short, playful, mid tempo. Feels like somewhere else. An eastern European circus in the future?
10. * Mid tempo. Starts slow, stick-like percussion pick up gradually, vox enter, is this Nico? *
11. Longer [7:03]. Dark, heavy bass, male vox washed in and out dramatically. Nice transition to bright acoustic guitar. That goes away, and we’re left with feedback, some percussion, some blurry heavily processed vox.
|3.||Chance Opening||8.||My Eyes Are Only|
|11.||House Burning Down|