|Keren Ann / Not Going Anywhere|
|Album:||Not Going Anywhere||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Capitol Records Inc.|
|Add Date:||2005-01-09||Pull Date:||2005-03-13|
|Week Ending:||6 Mar||27 Feb||20 Feb||13 Feb||6 Feb||16 Jan|
|1.||Wed, 18 May 11:||Matty K|
Initial MB's Demo
|4.||Thu, 03 Mar 05:||the id|
Multiple Personality Disorder
|2.||Thu, 19 May 05:||Ayshbot and Steve|
|5.||Tue, 01 Mar 05:||Mor|
The Devil's Oligarchy
|3.||Tue, 19 Apr 05:||anna charlotte|
|6.||Mon, 28 Feb 05:||anna charlotte|
Singer songwriter with pretty, fragile vox. Very well (sometimes over) produced. Mostly mellow, low key tunes, acoustic guitar takes the lead on most. At least two songs featuring ocean sounds. However, there is more variety and some of the tracks I liked better break the mold (and made me like the album despite initially sneering at it). Some tracks are more Jazzy and smoky, brought Eleni Mandell to mind. While this album is in English, Keren is French (and Israeli-born). And she’s surely going somewhere.|
I liked 1, 5, 8, 10, 11.
1. * Pretty song with nice acoustic picking, lots of strings at the end. *
2. Chimes and guitar, and at the end the quietest trumpet solo ever and rushes of storm.
3. Little faster, fuller guitar sound (with electric and bass as well).
4. Classic sounding, slight percussion, choir.
5. * Heavy beat, quick almost-spoken vox. Interesting! Chorus gets louder, keyboard. *
6. Ocean sounds, quiet picking, electric solos.
7. Piano added, slightly faster tune, gets grand with strings, false end, and real end with a loud choir and harpsichord reprise of the theme.
8. * Piano again, full string section, flute… symphonic. If you like the grandness, try this track.*
9. Banjo-like picking and mid/slow strum. Eleni Mandell! Cool jazzy trumpet at the end.
10. * Slow, sad, stand-up bass, quiet and repetitive, jazzy. *
11. * Like a quiet track from PJ Harvey. With mesmerizing choir, hypnotic. *
|1.||Not Going Anywhere||6.||Sit in the Sun|
|2.||Polly||7.||Right Now & Right Here|
|4.||End of May||9.||Spanish Song Bird|
|5.||Sailor & Widow||10.||By the Cathedral|