|Gris Gris, the / Live at Kzsu - Wnl|
|Album:||Live at Kzsu - Wnl||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Gris Gris, the||Added:||11/2004|
|Label:||Outer a Records|
|Add Date:||2005-03-13||Pull Date:||2005-05-15|
|Week Ending:||15 May||8 May||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar|
|1.||Dec 07, 2016:||Wednesday Night Live |
enitre live recording December 10, 2003
|4.||Jul 12, 2006:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Jun 09, 2010:||Wednesday Night Live |
|5.||Jan 14, 2006:||Hangtime |
|3.||Jul 15, 2009:||Brownian Motion |
|6.||Nov 09, 2005:||Brownian Motion |
Gorgeous WNL performance from local psych-trip-folk band, long before the album came out. Greg Ashley and gang do great! Almost all the tracks are great, but start with:|
13, 4, 11.
Listing music tracks only except for...
1. Wait --- is it --- can it be... no... yes! Your Imaginary Friend!
2. Slow, guitars noodling, vox. Transitions into upbeat distorted spur, slows down at the end.
4. ** Beautiful, trippy raga-like folk, grows faster and faster to an acoustic frenzy; quieter end spills into next track. **
5. * Short, Beatles-like Indian-sounding ballad.*
7. * Upbeat garage, cool. *
9. * Early Pink Floyd psychedelic start, dramatic, intense, screaming vox, excellent.*
11. ** Harmonica, mid tempo loud “classic” psych/garage/folk/rock track. **
13. *** Mary #38, Syd Barret meets the Carpenters, a beautiful psych ballad. ***
15. * Mid tempo monotonic at start, but then quiet, beautiful guitar set to shakers only, bass joins, great stuff. *
17. * Long (9:30), starts with exploring guitars, vox appear briefly, steady bass carries mid tempo rhythm through sonic explorations, more guitar, trippy, excellent. *