|Add Date:||2005-04-10||Pull Date:||2005-06-12|
|Week Ending:||Jun 12||May 29||May 22||May 15||May 1||Apr 24||Apr 17|
|1.||Jun 09, 2005:||Strange Attractor - Thursday Daylight Edition
Born in a Sour
|4.||May 20, 2005:||The Fifth Column: Pirates and Petticoats
Rocks Are Oil
|2.||May 27, 2005:||The Fifth Column: Revolutionary Road Trip
|5.||May 13, 2005:||The Fifth Column: Portland is Mine, and it Owes Me a Living
I Loves You, Porgy
|3.||May 20, 2005:||Memory Select
|6.||May 10, 2005:||Umami Jazz Program
*1. Somewhat polyrhythmic; bass, banjo, odd percussion, slacker vocals
*2. Shuffle, awesome banjo work
3. Descending bass line, awful sax solo
*4. Softer, slower, maracas
5. Drum and classical guitar barrage, then sax moves us into knee slapping
6. Muttered banter, a cappella. territory.
*7. Shaky, guitar driven
*8. Whistle and banjo, mountain singer impersonation
9. Not as interesting, much like 7
10. Uptempo, a little wild
11. Slower, mawkish picking
12. Driving, yet gentler than most. 7 mins.
13. Low, slothful.
14. Lots of verve, sloppy guitar,
15. Shanting, spoken word collage.
**16. Jazzy intro, halting guitar, Iran Contra. Long, 12 mins.
17. Flat surf bassline, wailing.
*1. A sleighride that leads to a hoedown of moaning elves.
*2. Slow swing ballad, jazzy chords
3. Busier, wailed campfire chorus w/ guitar freakout
4. Serialist plinkings, organ, sound effects, followed by dark organ song
*5. Banjo shuffle, introduced briefly by radio announcer
6. Rather traditional free jazz
7. Structured jazz/rock, mid tempo
*8. Carter family cover, quite traditional
*9. Up tempo alt country - silly
10. Slow bass w/ cymbal tap, builds to wonderful screams
11. Halting number
12. Chill jazz instrumental
**13. Quintessential low key indie rock
14. Much like 13, but not as good.
15. More upbeat number, far more Sea and Cake-y
*16. Darker, bass drum thump, instrumental
17. Jaunty, tapping instrumental. Goofy sound effects.
*1. Upbeat, light jazz rock. Nice active guitar.
*2. Softer vocals, nice sax solo
*3. More free jazz exploration and extrapolation, Fiddler on the Roof
4. Darker free jazz
5. Polyrhythmic, nice repeated guitar line, up tempo.
**6. Strange overlayed vocals. Weird and excellent
**7. Distorted guitar! Very nice song, great lyrics
8. Tooting horn, nice vocals
9. Slower, plodding
*10. Soft, almost sweet
11. Distorted bugle impersonation, screeching sax
*12. Gershwin cover, remarkably traditional
13. A little throwback to the alt-country shuffle
14. Long slow jam, cacophonous end
*15. A tender, chill, catchy number
16. Instrumental, light
*17. Strong guitar and sax based song
|1.||Rocks Are Oil||26.||Sanchez River|
|2.||Born in a Sour||27.||Charm Lost|
|3.||Bumble Bees||28.||How Sweet She Was|
|4.||Collecting Me||29.||Anna E|
|5.||Only Making Fools||30.||Medea Rising|
|6.||Shimmy Shimmy Shimmy||31.||She Ra|
|8.||Sourwood Mountain||33.||Fuzzy Tremolo|
|9.||Melon Song||34.||Limerick Dub|
|11.||Can You Spare Some Change||36.||Those Hookers|
|12.||In Can't Wait I Cannot||37.||Truck|
|13.||Married in a Fever||38.||Steam|
|14.||Welcome to the Way It Is||39.||Motorcade|
|15.||Basin Slip||40.||Slave Reel|
|17.||65||42.||Well, I Love My Baby|
|18.||Hey Buddy, What's Wrong||43.||I Don't Mind the Bums|
|19.||The Light Between Your Knees||44.||Weeping Into a Pond|
|20.||Watched Pot||45.||Shrimp Core|
|21.||Heart of the City||46.||I Loves You, Porgy|
|22.||London Dew||47.||When My Hand Is on the Wheel|
|23.||Wonderful Wonderful||48.||Drought of '43|
|25.||You Are My Flower||50.||Mudpin|
|51.||The Sultan's Eyes|