Swedish big-band rock. Sounds like Belle & Sebastian album that got a Strokes-like production: jangly, poppy melodies with treated vox, soaring guitars in the back, fuzzy walls of sound, and Scandinavian "emotional" delivery (like, say, Kings of Convenience). There are 9 band members, and it shows in the full sound (read: often over-produced). All tracks are short, most are shorter than 3 minutes. All tracks are not bad, but I would start with 1, 3, 5, 8, |
1. * Fast tempo, handclaps, ripping guitar in the back, treated Belle&S vox. *
2. Mid/fast, hiss, emotional chorus.
3. * FCC ("Fucked") Slow, big guitar, goth meets neil young. *
4. Loud, fast, Strokes.
5. * Fast, fun, handclaps beat. *
6. Mid/fast, starts quiet, fuzzed into a loud anthem rock. It’s a good tune, but horribly over-produced, god help us all.
7. Fast, heavily treated, loud and fuzzy.
8. * Slow tempo, dreamy female backing vox, delicate picking. *
9. Low guitar/drum feedback/rumble backing a slow/mid number with female backing vox.
10. FCC ("Fucked up") Mid/fast, lots of guitars, soaring on the right and buzzing on the left. Tambourines.
11. Mid/fast, acoustic strumming, bass added, vox echoed, more guitar, louder chorus.
12. Mid tempo, wall of fuzz, tambourine gives the rhythm.