|Album:||Live From Austin Tx||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Earle, Steve||Added:||Nov 2004|
|Label:||New West Records|
|Add Date:||2005-03-21||Pull Date:||2005-05-23|
|Week Ending:||Apr 10||Mar 27|
|1.||Apr 20, 2018:||Traditions
Sweet Little '66
|4.||Nov 13, 2009:||The Songsmith Show
|2.||Apr 20, 2012:||The Songsmith Show
Sweet Little '66
|5.||Oct 02, 2009:||The Songsmith Show
|3.||Mar 18, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
|6.||Jul 02, 2009:||The Songsmith Show
1. ***Energetically strummed guitar. Twangy, funny vocals about his car, “built by union labor on American soil.”
2. Propulsive drums, sparser vocals about the finality of a break-up.
3. Prominent twangy vocals. Denser orchestration—there’s a Hammond organ in addition to the guitar/bass/drums setup.
4. Shuffling guitar rhythms. Conversational, narrative vocals.
5. *Country power-ballad, with defining guitars chords and stuttered rhythms. Juxtaposes triumphalist music with a story about the waning of good ol’ boy culture.
6. Quiet acoustic guitar, confessional tone, simple melody.
7. ***Charming syncopated vocals, old-timey and catchy. Sweet blues-hall piano line.
8. Typical country ballad sound, with the addition of synthesized-sounding chimes. About a long-haul trucker missing his son. Ends with longish introduction to his band members.
9. ***Slow, sinister sound. Plea to a state trooper not to pull him over.
10. Hammond organ rides again! Rambling lyrics.
11. Bad-ass vocals are intense right from the start. Lots of reverberating slide guitar. Lyrics about temporarily escaping from familial responsibilities.
12. **Harmonica. Lyrics about realizing that home is not where you belong.
13. Spoken intro: “You can either get through life or you can live it. And if you’re gonna live it there’s two things you need: an inquisitive mind and a fearless heart.” An unsentimental love song.
14. **Jivey. Prominent organ. Scatty breakdown near the end. Owes a lot to Chuck Berry or Buddy Holly.
15. Rhythmic organ line. “Won’t you be my San Antonio girl?” (but I won’t take you to New York with me).
16. Hopeful guitar line, baseball-stadium organ. “Mama says a pistol is the devil’s right hand.”
17. Beautiful a capella intro. Vaguely gospel sound.
|1.||Sweet Little '66||9.||State Trooper|
|2.||Goodbye's All We Have Left||10.||Nowhere Road|
|3.||Guitar Town||11.||The Week of Living Dangerous|
|4.||Hillbilly Highway||12.||Angry Young Man|
|5.||Good Ol Boy||13.||Fearless Heart|
|6.||My Friend the Blues||14.||I Love You Too Much|
|7.||Think It Over||15.||San Antonio Girl|
|8.||Little Rock N Roller||16.||The Devil's Right Hand|
|17.||Down the Road|