|Golden Bough / Songs of the Irish Immigrants|
|Album:||Songs of the Irish Immigrants||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Golden Bough||Added:||Nov 2004|
|Label:||Arc Music Inc.|
|Add Date:||2004-12-19||Pull Date:||2005-02-18||Charts:||Country/Bluegrass|
|Week Ending:||Feb 13||Jan 30||Jan 23||Jan 16||Jan 9||Jan 2|
|1.||Mar 17, 2016:||Melange |
|4.||Jan 25, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Exile/Ships Are Sailing
|2.||Jul 04, 2006:||The Cafe Americain |
|5.||Jan 18, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Feb 08, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
The Shores of Amerikay/Spanl
|6.||Jan 14, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Local Celtic trio known for their tight vocal harmonies and playing of an impressive number of instruments (harp/guitar/penny-whistle/bodhran, etc). This release focuses on (as the title says) songs of the immigrants, so a lot are sad story songs (dealing with farewell/war/famine). I liked the uptempo tracks better than the sad ones, and the male vocalist better than the female, whose voice is a bit too fragile at times. |
*1. Bright & fun song of the gold rush.
2. Slow & sad w/delicate vocals and harp accents.
3. Fem vocals/guitar/ midtempo folk song of sailing.
4. Slow & nostalgic w/a tragic air.
*5. Lively song w/good strings & male lead vocal.
6. Slow a capella track about war. Would have better w/male lead.
7. Instrumental set of jig & 2 reels. Well played & quite nice.
*8. Harp/vocals. Relaxed & sweet love song.
9. Slow & old-fashioned song of old New York.
10. Instrumental medley. Slow/midtempo dances.
*11. Midtempo, bouncy song of the girl left behind.
12. Original composition. Slow, lots of strings/vocals.