|No Privacy / Beautiful Life Ep|
|Album:||Beautiful Life Ep||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||No Privacy||Added:||Nov 2004|
|Label:||Hard Soul Records|
|Add Date:||2005-04-10||Pull Date:||2005-06-12|
|Week Ending:||May 1||Apr 17|
|1.||Apr 28, 2005:||Megatron Marathon |
|3.||Apr 14, 2005:||The Collective Devils |
At Your Feet
|2.||Apr 27, 2005:||Strange Attractor |
|4.||Apr 14, 2005:||Megatron Marathon |
No Privacy – Beautiful Life – Hard Soul Records|
Reviewed by Peter – 3-21-2005
Quality, passionate, heavy EP. Strong, emotive female vox characterize these tracks along with the heavy, dissonant guitars. Strings and electronics are used well throughout. Women’s issues come up frequently as in 1/6 – the single from the EP that’s quite good. Track 3 shows off the quieter side of No Privacy and track 5 is solid, noisy, heavier rock (sounds like it would fit in on The Matrix soundtrack).
1. * 3:55 – Down-tempo, sad song about suffering (specifically women’s). Simple electric guitar, penetrating female vox, and cello for verses; dissonant, fast, screeching guitars in between. [Radio version]
2. 2:36 - Up-tempo, power chords, energetic drums keep the song moving. Emotive, aggressive female vox about having to live in fear of predatory men.
3. * 6:24 – Down-tempo. Quiet bass intro; slow, lazy drums; cleaner, higher, softer vox; simple electric guitar melody. Variety comes through chord and distortion changes in the guitar and gets rougher towards the end.
4. 6:33 – Single-note bass intro w/ soft, clear vox; drums at 1:00; gradual build-up of expectant energy via bass, but music slides in and integrates rather than exploding in. Vox do get screamy and emotive, though. Long instrumental section at the end.
5. *5:55 – Mid-tempo heavy rock. Cool guitar riff supplemented w/ electronic effects. Heavily distorted vox come in and out (barely-decipherable lyrics). Includes a rockin’ section of heavily-distorted guitars.
6. * 5:33 – Full version of track 1: Slow, sad, simple, Radiohead intro and guitar line. Seems darker and less clear than the radio edit; relaxed, more filled-out version.
|1.||Beautiful Life||4.||At Your Feet|
|3.||Secret Hours||6.||Beautiful Life|