|Nomad, Naz & the Nightmares / Give Daddy the Knife Cindy|
|Album:||Give Daddy the Knife Cindy||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Nomad, Naz & the Nightmares||Added:||12/2004|
|Add Date:||2005-01-03||Pull Date:||2005-03-07|
|Week Ending:||6 Feb||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan|
|1.||Fri, 30 Oct 09:||Trent Kay|
The DJ Never Has It
|4.||Tue, 01 Feb 05:||Red West & Mor|
The Devil's Collective
|2.||Sat, 04 Jul 09:||Ragnar of Ravensfjord|
Bloodstains Across Atherton-4th of the Storms
|5.||Mon, 31 Jan 05:||stirling|
|3.||Sat, 11 Mar 06:||Boo Radley|
Biff Bang Pow
|6.||Wed, 26 Jan 05:||Mr. Sparkle|
Mr. Sparkle's Epic Soundtrack Challenge
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Say hello to the COOLEST RELEASE of the year! Seminal punk rock band the DAMNED disguised as Naz Nomad & the Nightmares doing awesome covers of kick-ass ‘60s PSYCH/GARAGE tunes. This recording dates back to 1984 and thanks to Dionysus records is now reissued. Not a single bad song here. Every song is faithfully executed making this an excellent tribute to 60s garage/psych (farfisa, harpsichord, tambourine, handclaps, fuzzed up guitars and all). Fun-fun-fun! Turn it up and dance your heart out! Play with Dr Mix and the Remix. Awesome!!! |
Play 11, 9, 1, 8, 4, 6, 3
1. The classic HUMAN BEINZ track. Always loved the organ intro; sounds like a boat siren. Upbeat and rocking dance-y.
2. Litter’s classic sinister heavy/psych garage number. Even indie band the Dishes covered recently.
3. This one belongs to the Seeds. Irresistible harpsichord. Dreamy, sweet, romantic.
4. The Kinks and a taste of soul/R’n’B. Written by Barry Mann/Cynthia Weil (“Who Put the Bomb”, “You Lost that Loving Feeling”).
5. Bounce-y and swinging.
6. Punky guitar chops, heavy drum pounding. handclaps.
7. Electric Prunes’ spooky classic psych number.
8. Oh yeah! The definition of GROOVY! Hypnotic and bouncy.
9. Fast, bouncy, jumpy… catchy garage-y lead guitar riff. “Hey you! Can’t stand this Love, goodbye!”
10. Heavy psych guitar lead and vox.
11. If this does not make you dance, then you must be dead! Shake that thing, shake it!
12. Goofy spoof on band intro songs. Silly audience screams and MC antics. 60s exploitation.
|1.||Nobody but Me||7.||I Had Too Much to Dream (Las|
|2.||Action Woman||8.||The Trip|
|3.||The Wind Blows Your Hair||9.||I Can't Stand this Love, Goo|
|4.||Kicks||10.||I Can Only Give You Everythi|
|5.||Cold Turkey||11.||(Do You Know) I Know|
|6.||She Lied||12.||Just Call Me Sky|