|Singapore Sling / Life Is Killing My Rock'n'roll|
|Album:||Life Is Killing My Rock'n'roll||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-12-19||Pull Date:||2005-02-18|
|Week Ending:||20 Feb||6 Feb||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||2 Jan||26 Dec|
|1.||Sep 30, 2005:||Distraction-Limited: Retrospective |
|4.||Feb 25, 2005:||Distraction-Limited |
|2.||Jun 22, 2005:||Epic Soundtracks |
|5.||Feb 18, 2005:||Distraction-Limited |
Curse Curse Curse
|3.||May 25, 2005:||Epic Soundtracks |
|6.||Feb 16, 2005:||Epic Soundtracks |
Twisted and Sick
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Fuck yeah! The second release by Iceland’s Singapore Sling rocks even harder than their stellar debut. Their press-release says it all: PSYCHEDELIC-CUM-GARAGE POP. Think of Velvet Underground’s blend of dreamy melodic sensitivity and angular guitar work channeled through the sonic noise of Jesus and the Mary Chain and My Bloody Valentine or even better through the electroclashy/electro-punk noise of Suicide. Throw the rhythmically aggressive but flowery Rolling Stones (ca. 1967) in the mix. Or just think Denmark’s Raveonettes. Just sub gushy pop tendencies with megatons of your face noise. Play with bands like the International Noise Conspiracy. This is for those of you who like it rough and sweet. Wink-wink! |
Play 6, 12, 2, 3, 7, 10.
1. Med-tempo. Hypnotic. Head bopping groove and obstinate guitar leads/solos. Fuzzy noise in the background.
2. Garage-y guitar chops and catchy-pop vocal lines (the Rolling Stones ca 1967).
3. Electroclashy drum machines and ripping guitar strums. Think Suicide.
4. Ethereal/dreamy pop vocal melodies and fuzzy-noisy background. The Reveonettes.
5. Jaded and lazy. Steady tempo and sonic noise. “Life is Killing My Rock’n’Roll”.
6. Steadily hypnotic tempo. Surfy/psychobilly-ish guitar leads channeled through megatons of fuzzy noise; enough to make bill C’s head spin.
7. Feedback distortions; seductive vocal melodies; heavy surf guitar leads; infectious organ.
8. Drilling and angular bass/guitar lines. Surf leads. Edge-y and noise-y.
9. Pretty/sweet vocal and keyboard melodies over sonic noise. The Raveonettes.
10. Jungly guitars and percussion. Dark and mysterious. Joy Division & Factory Records.
11. Cold and blunt vocals, shitloads of feedback noise. Melancholic and morose.
12. This fucking rocks! Groovy bass… awesome noise groove! Epic and orgasmic.
|2.||Curse Curse Curse||8.||Living Dead|
|5.||Life Is Killing My Rock'n'ro||11.||A Little Love|
|6.||Twisted and Sick||12.||Let's Go Dancing|