|Brother Jt / Off Blue|
|Add Date:||2005-02-20||Pull Date:||2005-04-24|
|Week Ending:||3 Apr||27 Feb|
|1.||Mar 31, 2005:||Sonar |
Son of Man
|3.||Feb 23, 2005:||Epic Soundtracks |
|2.||Mar 30, 2005:||The Panoply |
Son of Man
Brother JT – Off Blue (Birdland)|
I know Brother JT from his previous bands, Brother JT and Vibrolux and the Original Sins. The sound on this solo disc is a lot mellower, a lot less psychedelic, and a lot less crazy. This is pretty, simple, pop, singer-songwriter stuff with just a tiny bit of psych influence. Nick Saloman’s (Bevis Frond) solo and acoustic stuff comes to mind right away. Robyn Hitchcock also comes to mind. I don’t like this anywhere near as much as his crazy psych stuff, on this stuff the light is shinning on his lyrics….which….well….have too many “babies” and “I wish you would stay” for me to enjoy.
**1. Mellow and catchy pop that you’ve heard a million times but this is done well.
2. Clean electric guitar and a bit too much emoting.
3. Bigger strumming sound and a bit more dramatic.
4. Slow with slight blues swing. Drums and maybe a 2nd guitar.
5. Odd ode to high school hinting that it’s the future and we are still acting like we did in high school. Mellow and slow.
6. eh…the vocals are someone restrained and annoying.
7. More upbeat and more rock. This reminds me of mellow Bevis Frond.
8. Restrained, quiet strum and quiet vocals.
9. Slow, stoned with some effects of some sort with a really uncomfortable chorus. Ick.
**11. Slightly more upbeat but stiff in the same way tracks 9 and 10 were.
A disappointing CD -mph
|1.||Son of Man||7.||Easier to Smile|
|2.||Lovely Though It Is||8.||Bittersweet|
|3.||The Stars||9.||Nowhere, Slow|
|5.||High School||11.||Song for Everybody|
|6.||Father's Eyes||12.||When in Rome|