|Sliver Sunshine / Silver Sunshine|
|Add Date:||2005-03-06||Pull Date:||2005-05-08|
|Week Ending:||20 Mar||13 Mar|
|1.||May 25, 2007:||Something about music |
|4.||Mar 17, 2005:||I once was canadian |
|2.||Apr 13, 2007:||Something about music |
|5.||Mar 13, 2005:||Robot Talent Show |
|3.||Nov 21, 2006:||What's in the Ice Box? |
|6.||Mar 07, 2005:||the ox and the hammer show |
mostly psychedelic sugary sweet indie pop debut album from this san diego band. Comparisons to 60s psychedelic bands are apt, as are the ones to bands such as Olivia Tremor Control and some of the Elephant 6 bands. Good male harmonies. A solid effort of enjoyable pop that sounds just a bit too much like the Beatles at times. I find myself thinking “wait, which Beatles song does this remind me of” on about four or five tracks. |
My picks: 3, 4 , 5, 8
1. This sounds pretty much like “Tomorrow Never Knows” by the Beatles, but with different words
2. strong, jangly repeated bass part. nice harmony vox and tremolo guitar.
3. music box/ coo coo clock beginning. echoey vocals. strutting rhythm.
4. medium-slow temp. another strutting rhythm song. harpsichord. nice guitar solo near the end. fade out ending
5. acoustic guitar. the ballad. echoey vocals sort of put me off, but still a nice song.
6. the Beatles off of Sergeant Pepper’s! wait, no, still the Silver Sunshine. has a bit of a country-ish feel to it.
7. a slightly “ethnic” feel to this one.
8. nice “ooh” harmonies.
9. piano on the left, “aah” on the right. before going into the full-on song.
10. noisy beginning. rumbling, driving drums (and song).
11. a little more experimental than the rest of the tracks (as is to be expected). noisy ending (early fade-out perhaps?)
|1.||Velvet Skies||6.||If I Had the Time|
|2.||I See the Silver Sunshine||7.||Greenfield Park|
|4.||Way Up in the Big Sky||9.||When She Wakes Tomorrow|
|11.||Merry Go Round|