|Album:||We also Create False Promises||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2005-03-27||Pull Date:||2005-05-29|
|Week Ending:||Apr 10||Apr 3|
|1.||Apr 07, 2005:||Megatron Marathon
What You Are in the Dark
|2.||Apr 01, 2005:||Strange Attractor
Die in a Woman's Lap
Instrumental Post-Rock. Mixes electronic music (including use of theremin), grange-y guitars (or more like Jeff Beck's), and rockabilly. Tracks go from slow and pastoral to mid tempo Indie-Rock-ish (often in the same track). I liked tracks 4, 5, 6,10 and the second half of 11. 7 is also interesting. Beware of dead seconds at track ends (Tracks 1,4,6,8).
1) Electronic, trippy, going from simple pastoral sound to grange-y, more complex sound.
2) Lo-Fi weird keyboard melody begins, guitar joins-in. More pastoral (SpaceLab style)
3) Moves back and forth between a distorted Jeff Beck guitar and more pastoral parts.
*4) Slow. Moody guitar and bass.
*5) Fast, grange-y, with a weird theremin. Gong influences at the end.
**6) Delicate and soft- acoustic guitar, with an electronic dove cooing in the background. Moving between dark and pastoral with the aid of a theremin and delicate touches of acoustic percussion.
*7) rockabilly guitar with a B movie atmosphere.
8) monotoneous loops with a bass joining-in very gradually leading to a mid-tempo piece. At the end ~10 dead seconds.
9) Guitars, bass, electronic sound effects in the background. A simple theme repeated with various instruments (including the theremin and vibraphone) with variations.
*10) Lo-Fi slow and dark piece. A bit more experimentalist. ~8 seconds of quiet in the end.
*11) Begins with Bassínídrums + guitars / keyboard. Kind of standard. Becomes fast towards the middle and then becomes droney and trippy.
|1.||What You Are in the Dark||6.||While Clamming in New Jersey|
|2.||Lakeview Annex||7.||Don't Tell Winston|
|3.||Progressive Democrat||8.||In Nine|
|4.||Passionate Gun Love||9.||Get Handsome|
|5.||Die in a Woman's Lap||10.||Flag Is Out|