|Artist:||Neuburg, Amy X||Added:||Jan 2005|
|Add Date:||2005-02-20||Pull Date:||2005-04-24|
|Week Ending:||Apr 24||Apr 17||Apr 10||Apr 3||Mar 27||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6|
|1.||Aug 20, 2013:||Meow
|4.||Mar 27, 2011:||kitty kill pony
|2.||May 08, 2011:||awmeow
|5.||Dec 22, 2010:||A Taste of Esquire
|3.||Apr 05, 2011:||meow
|6.||Nov 07, 2010:||the seductardation
Track 6 blows me away. 10, 1, 4, 7, 9, 12 are other favorites.
1.* Dramatic vox, low hummed drone, turns into fast tempo, multiple chanting vox, Amy’s voice soaring above. Cools down back to the hum, Latin spoken chant, medieval. And repeat.*
2. Rocky; shakers, bass drum beat, loud outbursts, rock-star vox (she can do that, too!). Shifts, gets operaic toward end.
3. Gentle, weird, midtempo Broadway musical cabaret gone sparse and sweet.
4. * Slow, multiplied echoed metallically distorted vox, talking/singing/whispering, with a tiny touch of string-like drone.*
5. African-like vocal backing, buzzy rhythm, soulful box. Rhythm halts for beautiful vocal collage with hymn and talking voices. Returns with Streisand-like portion, but changes again, all in 4 mins, wow.
6. ***Church-like choir, but than a story told over the singing. [Names. Islam. God.] Explodes in short noisy burst (watch levels); resumes. [Room. Forget. Food. God.] And again. [Stoned. Safeway. Cheesecake.] And more. [Cat. Microsoft. Milk.] Fucking amazing, quadruple wow. Powerful, breathtaking, wow again, and again. ***
7. * Mid tempo, circus-like opening, playful, classic sound, Fiery Furnaces go to Broadway.*
8. Brushed sampled midtempo beat, the vox imitate, incredible.
9. * Starts with spoken “instructions”. Then slow tempo, dark keys, Lauren Hill-y, somewhat. Secret messages exchanged in hushed, rushed tone. Ssssshhhhh. Telephone exchange, “too many substances”, great.*
10. ** Beautiful, relatively straightforward, dramatic slow low-key ballad. Breathtaking.**
11. Midtempo, clunky beat. With a wink to modern R&B but electronic, twisted.
12.* Acapela, island-like chant, choir that grows and grows, with Amy’s vox over the choir. Climatic. Great closer.*
|1.||The Tattoo Song||7.||Insomniac|
|2.||Stone||8.||Just a Sound|
|3.||My Fuzzy Muse||9.||Life Stepped in|
|5.||Every Little Stain||11.||These Heavy Gaps|