|Album:||Great Destroyer, the||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2005-01-30||Pull Date:||2005-04-03|
|Week Ending:||Apr 3||Mar 27||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 27||Feb 20||Feb 13|
|1.||Jan 13, 2011:||Daydream Disaster
|4.||Oct 01, 2007:||college radio
When I Go Deaf
|2.||Nov 12, 2009:||Socially Unacceptable
|5.||Aug 16, 2007:||logic of love
On the Edge of
|3.||May 17, 2009:||Sasquatch Sub
Broadway (So Many People), When I Go Deaf
|6.||Jun 28, 2007:||Fiction Romance
My picks: 2, 6, 9, 10, 12 All clean
1. rumbling drums, keyboard drone, a little guitar and lots of fuzz keyboard-bass. great m-f vocals.
2. “poppy.” medium tempo and a full sound but reminds me of the “old” low quite a bit. has a nice breakdown and build near the end of the song.
3. distorted guitar, lo-fi drums. a bit repetitive
4. slow, soft until the middle.. distorted guitar (left channel) and arpeggiated guitar (right channel). subtle drums until shimmering drums in the middle
5. slightly lowified standard indie rock.
6. slow, reverby guitar line, loud nice, soft part from the middle to the end
7. slow, mostly voice (those great m+f vocals!) with a slight backing. pretty. builds.
8. weird, distorted vocals. makes me feel like I’m going crazy, until the somewhat mundane chorus (clapping).
9. soft strumming (autoharp?). not quite old low-style but slow and sad and gorgeous. a sudden loud and distorted part at the end doesn’t ruin the song (but don’t expect to go to sleep to it either)
10. long (7:14) sounds really familiar. goes between rhythmic / strumming and echoey vocals. intense build at the end.
11. starts out soft, one guitar strumming. guitar/ feedback solo. nice resolution
12. acoustic guitar strumming and m vox.
13. starts all drums, then strummed guitar.
|1.||Monkey||7.||Cue the Strings|
|3.||Everybody's Song||9.||When I Go Deaf|
|4.||Silver Rider||10.||Broadway (So Many People)|
|5.||Just Stand Back||11.||Pissing|
|6.||On the Edge of||12.||Death of a Salesman|
|13.||Walk Into the Sea|