|Add Date:||2005-01-30||Pull Date:||2005-04-03|
|Week Ending:||Apr 3||Mar 27||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 27||Feb 20||Feb 13|
|1.||Dec 22, 2011:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow: Christmas Edition
|4.||Dec 30, 2008:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow
|2.||Oct 01, 2009:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow
|5.||Dec 23, 2008:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow
I Want to See the Bright Lig, Winter One
|3.||Mar 12, 2009:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow
|6.||Oct 07, 2008:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow
My picks: 1, 3, 7
1. acoustic guitar, fast brushed drums, cello. nice chorus
2. instrumental, short. nice repeated lick though
3. Neil Young cover. sounds like a MP PA song.
4. slow, instrumental. flute. nice.
5. Richard and Linda Thompson cover. doesn’t have that MP PA feel as much. I’m not a fan.
6. Lindsey Buckingham cover. typical flat-picked MP PA guitar line.
7. Neutral Milk Hotel cover. reverby guitar, plaintive cello. swaying drum rhythm. the kind of sound that can just swim around inside your head. I know the original well, so this one seems weird, pretty poppy and matt pond’s vocals don’t have the strain that brings much meaning to the original. nevertheless, I like it more the more I listen to it.
|1.||Snow Day||4.||Winter One|
|2.||Fall Live||5.||I Want to See the Bright Lig|
|7.||In The Aeroplane Over The Sea|