|Red Elvises / Lunatics and Poets|
|Album:||Lunatics and Poets||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Red Elvises||Added:||Jan 2005|
|Add Date:||2005-02-06||Pull Date:||2005-04-10|
|Week Ending:||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 27||Feb 20||Feb 13|
|1.||Oct 10, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley's Russian Tunes-A-Ganza |
|4.||Apr 12, 2006:||the evil Twins |
|2.||Jul 23, 2007:||summer ducks |
Venice, Usa, Ocean
|5.||Mar 27, 2006:||knifefishhappyhour |
|3.||Oct 10, 2006:||Mood Swings |
Venice, Usa, Ocean
|6.||Mar 16, 2005:||The Sparkle Bin Soundtracks |
Russian Rokenrol Revolution! Shake all your hipster cynicism. All of it! Take off that trucker hat – god, you’re so 2004. HAVE SOME FUN. The Red Elvises are Siberian ex-pats living in LA doing old style rock, rockabilly and surf with silly, fun lyrics and un-ashamed Russian accent. If you haven’t seen an entire venue full of people dancing in a show in SF (not nodding their heads – really dancing) – you haven’t seen the RE’s live. Guitars, a 4-foot wide red balalaika, brass, grand synths sound… those guys lash it all out in the solos, check it out: 2, 3, 4, 9 (FCC: 2, 9, make a call on 4).|
1. Sound recording: ocean, seagulls.
2. *FCC ("Bullshit") Bouncy, silly, fun! *
3. * Mid/up tempo, long instrument solos at the end. *
4. ** Upbeat piano hoochie-koochie rocking blues, FCC-borderline ("I've got a condom in my pocket… gonna find me pretty girl") check out Pink Floyd homage. Hilarious. **
5. Sound recording: Wind
6. Silly winter reggae.
7. Dramatic, breakup song, surfy, big, trumpets, upbeat, Japanese… ha…
8. Quiet, slow, accordions, violin, Parisian/Eastern Europe cabaret, the sad sorry of a Phuket Geisha…
9. * FCC("Fuck", repeated) Mid tempo: this is the most hilarious indie-rock spoof I have ever heard. *
10. Mid tempo surfy.
11. mid tempo.
12. Sax, tacky, islands, tiki. Party song if there ever was one.
13. Sound recording: the woods.
|1.||Ocean||7.||Ticket to Japan|
|2.||Venice, Usa||8.||Memoirs of Phuket Geisha|
|5.||Wind||11.||Party Like a Rock Star|
|6.||Winter Reggae||12.||This Music Is Wasted If We D|