|Hmmm / I Only Want Love|
|Album:||I Only Want Love||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2005-03-27||Pull Date:||2005-05-29|
|Week Ending:||May 1||Apr 24||Apr 10||Apr 3|
|1.||Feb 13, 2009:||Memory Select |
|4.||Nov 11, 2007:||Rorschach's Dance |
|2.||Jan 09, 2009:||Memory Select |
|5.||Apr 28, 2006:||The Top Shelf (sub for Natalie) |
|3.||Dec 07, 2007:||Memory Select |
|6.||Apr 27, 2005:||Strange Attractor |
Experimental pop (in the words of one member of this male duo), surreal and theatrical. Wacky. Most tracks have complex styles. Socio-aware lyrics. Combines guitars, electronic sound effects and other instruments, with talking or singing, sometimes with relatively catchy melodies. A collaboration with Amy X. Neuburg (who sings in tracks 3,9). Featuring short bridging tracks with only sound effects (2,5, 7,10). Try tracks 4,8,9,11. No FCC violations.|
1) Wacky. Distorted guitars/sound effects/male voice giving a speech.
3) Acoustic guitar/male singing, then some noises, people voices, and some more melody with a female voice.
*4) electronic effects accompanying a male voice giving directions in what sounds like a TV show, then a tune begins (actually a nice one).
6) Male voice samplings -> distorted guitar and sound effects as background for a male voice whispering.
**8) A cynical theatrical song about working in cubicles(Life's a loop). A simple electric guitar repetitive line as a background for a male voice.
*9) Slow Kongos, joined by a bass, lead to a dark tune. Cynical lyrics about soldiers.
*11) A choir that sings a dark tune with crazed up male voices on top, turns into a jazzy bit which changes again to something that sounds like it came from a rock opera. At the end the track returns to the first motif.
12) Bits of a song. Short bits at first, which become longer, until a song line is intelligible and then it ends.
13) A simple melody accompanied with guitars and drums. Ends with sound effects and an endless loop.
|6.||I Only Want Love||12.||Pray|
|13.||Peas and Carrots|