Acid-jazz, hiphop and all cut up. Polyrhythms and
impressionistic lyrics about Jazz Age Paris and
their fascination with negroes. Post-futurist
Ladd continues to offer recombinant culture with
Baudrillard's eye to globalism.
Vijay Iyer With jazz drummer Guillermo Brown (Matthew Shipp, William Parker).
A bit Gil_Scott Heron like.
Excellent and engaging. 8 is catchy
1)* herky jerky replaced by boomthud & polyrhythm,
free jazz horns
2)* juggernaut of horns and drums
3)* gentle samply drum n piano etc - 7mins
4) African rhythm drives a rap
5)** rap on the situation today
6) horn duet goes space afro prog
7) mash up 1minute
8)** Beyonce in gold lamme' 3mins
9) repeating piano figure, leisurely nightmare
10) minimal instrumental, chopped up 4 mins
11) a big mess of words and crashing - BANANA! 5mins