|San Francisco Klezmer Experien / Harbst|
|Artist:||San Francisco Klezmer Experien||Added:||02/2005|
|Add Date:||2005-04-03||Pull Date:||2005-06-05||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||29 May||22 May||24 Apr||10 Apr|
|1.||May 18, 2007:||the jewish alternative |
|4.||Oct 21, 2005:||the jewish alternative |
|2.||Jun 07, 2006:||the evils twins |
A Horkisher Nign
|5.||Sep 07, 2005:||the jewish alternative |
Oy S'iz Git
|3.||Dec 09, 2005:||the jewish alternative |
|6.||Aug 24, 2005:||the jewish alternative |
Jazz-Klezmer-cabaret fusion. Sax, violin, clarinet, accordion, trumpets, horn, trombone, male and female voices. Does not sound as artificial as one might fear. The different styles are fused to form something quite different altogether with darker tones in some tracks. Mostly original compositions. Good musicianship. Male singer that sounds like a combination of a cantor and a bariton Al Gereau. The female singer has a more traditional Yiddish sound.|
1) Jazzy male voice and sax impros.
2) A short accordion intro for the next track.
3) A dark song sung in Yiddish by both the male and female singers.
*4) Starts as a more traditional Klezmer music piece with some nice jazzy sax and trombone solos coming later. Even later, a male voice sings a prayer with jazz drums in the background.
5) Traditional Yiddish song with female vox and clarinet.
6) Starts with a drum and a female voice talking. Theatrical. Then she sings.
*7) A bolero for a violin, clarinet, trumpet and trombone. From Tango to Klezmer.
8) Lyrics: Genesis. Prayer-like male singing leading to darabukkah and some Arab influences.
9) Female voice in yiddish, accordion and trombone.
**10) A beautiful slow and charged violin solo, leading to the next track.
**11) Starts slow and gradually picks up speed to become much, much faster, with horns joining in.
12) A Yiddish theatre song. Female voice.
13) A cheerful Yiddish song. Female voice with male background
|1.||Klezville||7.||A Horkisher Nign|
|2.||Accordion Farshpil||8.||Our Father's Children|
|3.||Harbst||9.||In Torbe Funem Vint|
|4.||Oy Tate||10.||Schwartz Doina|
|5.||Hulye Kabtsn||11.||Al's Dances|
|6.||Der Gasnpoyker||12.||Oy S'iz Git|