|Iron & Wine / Woman King|
|Artist:||Iron & Wine||Added:||02/2005|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2005-03-06||Pull Date:||2005-05-08|
|Week Ending:||8 May||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar|
|1.||Mon, 15 May 17:||DJ Vanilla Bien|
|4.||Wed, 09 Apr 14:||Young Mick|
Funk to Folk
|2.||Wed, 13 Apr 16:||DJ McGriddle|
funk to fiddle
|5.||Tue, 19 Jul 11:||Hillstreet|
changin' it up (part one)
|3.||Wed, 03 Feb 16:||DJ McGriddle|
funk to fiddle
|6.||Wed, 30 May 07:||Nathan Hayflick|
Sound and Fury
Americana, neo-folk, etc. Second EP and 4th record from Sam Beam (aka Iron & Wine). If you don’t know who I&W are by this stage, give this a listen! He branches out on this recording with electric guitar (woah!). Lyrics and vocals are still cryptic/ poetic and hushed. Often, nice female harmonies. Not my favorite recording of his, but still really good. |
My Picks: 1, 2, 4, 5
1. acoustic guitar, slide guitar, electric guitar. bottles and other such percussion.
2. studio recording of this bootlegger’s favorite (9/20/02 seesions). guitar and what sounds like dulcimer. piano near the end.
3. drums, guitar. m+f vox.
4. my favorite. quick. classic I&W fingerpicked guitar. hushed vocals. has a nice groove to it.
5. med-slow. jingling bells. guitar. sublte, low percussion. piano, organ and slide guitar in the later half.
6. FCC (“fuck” at 0:56 in). “world” percussion. violin. distorted electric guitar. honestly, at times sounds like a bad soundtrack for people running through the jungle.
|1.||Woman King||4.||Freedom Hangs Like Heaven|
|2.||Jezebel||5.||My Lady's House|
|3.||Gray Stables||6.||Evening on the Ground|