LA female band that brings to mind the best of The Pixies, Rogers Sisters, Liliput and Casual Dots, all wrapped up into one. Yes, its that good! This band rocks, with just enough dissonance and low fi’ness to keep it credible. Melodies are the key, whether they are carried in a reverby simple tone like the Dots or searing guitar layovers like the finest of Joey Santiago (Pixies) or just the sexy passionate vocals. This is the real deal: these women aren’t faking it (like that Yeah Yeah Yeahs girl is). Highly recommended.
1) upbeat surfy tom tom beat feel, with epic vocals and overall feel
2) Casual Dots reverby simple melody and sparse melodic feel, awesome
3) cool retro rock beat, heavy and sassy and driving, Elias are you listening?
4) melodic guitar hook, tom/snare rock beat, very epic
5) vocals up front passionate and sexy, still driving rock. Should I just highlight every single track at this point?
6) more sexy upbeat, Liliput came to mind on this one
7) searing guitar melody overlays the relentless beat, this is the real thing
8) heavier rocker in the vocals, something Pixies about this one
9) rocker with great girl screams
10) instrumental: chill start with minimal pretty guitar melodies, shifts quickly into a good “alt” rocker
11) Pixies guitar attitude with melodies held over chords
12) slower swingier sexy rock, dark descending arpeggios turn upbeat driving rock