|Konks, the / Konks, the|
|Artist:||Konks, the||Added:||Apr 2005|
|Add Date:||2005-05-01||Pull Date:||2005-07-03|
|Week Ending:||Jul 3||Jun 26||Jun 19||Jun 12||Jun 5||May 29||May 22||May 15|
|1.||May 19, 2007:||Biff Bang Pow |
Break My Back
|4.||Jun 20, 2005:||Stirling's Approximation |
Move & Shake
|2.||Jun 27, 2005:||Happy Hour |
|5.||Jun 16, 2005:||Bloodstains Across Atherton |
Break My Back
|3.||Jun 21, 2005:||Happy Hour |
|6.||Jun 13, 2005:||tom's diner |
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Awesome garage rock on Bomp! Records. The Konks combine the bluesy garage rock vein of Mr Airplane Man with the raw intensity of seminal Detroit garage (the Stooges; the Gories). Factor in some basic rock'n'roll and a few Stephen Tayler (Aerosmith) vocal references. Something tells me that these guys are from Boston! Play this! |
Play 11, 9, 6, 5, 4, 2
1. Raw, balls-out, testosterone-driven, garage cock-rawk!
2. Think Detroit garage rock! The Stooges meet the Gories.
3. Mid-tempo; noisy. Raw bass/guitar lines.
4. This is a cover. Fun raw swingy rock'n'roll. Nice screams. Reminds me of British proto-punk rocker Screaming Lord Sutch.
5. Excellent messy/dissonant/angular guitar work! Melodic bass lines and psychotic build up. 6. Balls-out bluesy garage. The Gories meet Mr Airplane Man!
7. Fuzzy, noisy piece with Stephen Taylor-esque vocals.
8. Thumping percussion, Gorie-sque rhythm guitars, and bluesy guitar leads/solos.
9. Kick ass sentimental piece with infectious guitar/vocal melodies. Think Mr Airplane Man. 10. FCC (motherfucker?)
11. Wow! Get a load of this bluesy/blue-grassy piece! Delta blues meets ragtime. Awesome vocals too.
12. Aerosmith cover.
|1.||Outta My Mind||7.||Out of My Mind|
|2.||29 Fingers||8.||Can't Get Along with You|
|3.||Here She Comes||9.||What I Came Here for|
|4.||King Kong||10.||God Says|
|5.||Break My Back||11.||Honey|
|6.||Move & Shake||12.||Let the Music Do the Talking|