|Sex with Girls / Hit Factory Sampler|
|Album:||Hit Factory Sampler||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Sex with Girls||Added:||Apr 2005|
|Label:||<No Label Info>|
|Add Date:||2005-05-22||Pull Date:||2005-07-24|
|Week Ending:||Jul 3||Jun 12||Jun 5||May 29|
|1.||Aug 16, 2008:||On The Warpath |
|4.||Jun 08, 2005:||Strange Attractor |
|2.||Jun 29, 2005:||Brownian Motion |
|5.||Jun 04, 2005:||On The Warpath |
|3.||Jun 10, 2005:||Distraction-Limited |
|6.||Jun 04, 2005:||Brownian Mega-Hurts |
Portland's finest. Formerly known as Sex With Girls is Rad and in the Deathbomb Arc circle of bands, "brothers" James and Alex offer up sloppy, low-fi pop and noise. This is all over the place, sometimes badly recorded, sometimes unintelligible and taxing, and sometimes just sounds like two obnoxious drunken/stoned dudes screwing around. But I like it anyway! Lyrics are funny as hell—purposely and maybe not quite—and usually either spoken or screamed. Fun stuff.|
**1. More "produced" story song about Maria and shoes. Spoken but sung chorus. Sparse, guitar and drums. "Oh Maria, my love for you transcends all global economic politics."
2. Both guys sing over drum machine. Slow motion effect. Sex chocolates at the sex hotel but still FCC clean.
3. Unintelligible vox and distortion.
**4. Who knew that heart attacks could be so funny? Antagonistic vox. FCC: Shit near end.
**5. Sampled news byte intro into glitchy electro mess. Some New Order "How Does..."
6. Brief. Variations of "That's a hit" and some noise. FCC: motherfucking, shit, fucker
7. FCC: FUCK. Song about a crush. Drums and distant noise. Bad female computer vox.
8. Brief. Hard to hear.
9. Cover of Bikini Kill's Rebel Girl.
10. Glitches and drums. Distant unintelligible yelling.
11. Spacey noise and pained vocals in background.
12. Does New Order's Morning Sun over more prominent droning loop with occasional shatter sounds.
13. Stickers on cars. Potentially offensive Jewish comment.
14. Very long. Recorded conversations play in the background. Some vocal noises. Some New Order. Some rants. Some bits of other songs. Self congratulatory remarks.
15. Fake interview with little girls.
16. Track 1 without lyrics.
|3.||Key Car Accident||11.||Larry Loved|
|4.||Big Mac Heartattack||12.||I Can't Fight this Feeling a|
|5.||Let's Dance||13.||Keep Portland Weird|
|7.||Call Center Smoke Break||15.||Interview|