|Album:||Archaic Abattoir, the||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2005-06-05||Pull Date:||2005-08-07||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Jun 12|
|1.||Nov 03, 2010:||public noize racket
Descend to Extirpation
|4.||Jun 10, 2005:||Brownian Jones
The Gangrenous Epitaph
|2.||Feb 11, 2009:||public noize racket
Descend to Extirpation
|5.||Jun 09, 2005:||One More Fraction of Time
Blood Fixing the Bled
|3.||May 05, 2007:||public noize racket
Threading on Vermillion Dece
|6.||Jun 08, 2005:||Brownian Motion
Downright sophisticated, brutal, technical death metal/gore-grind. Think of a more brutal and technical Impaled or Exhumed, with all the lyrical brilliance of Carcass. The vocals are prime Grade A+ death/gore, one guy doing both the highs and the lows, a schizophrenic maniac with shards of glass for vocal chords. The drumming is really what adds a touch of class to this record, as it’s both frighteningly brutal when it wants to be, and just subtle and elegant enough to become a benchmark for the future.
1) Opens with sample from “American Psycho”, and then moves to some great riffs and incredible breakdowns and solos, with more “American Psycho” samples (the part where Patrick confesses his murders to his lawyer).
2) Incredible riffs on this one. Seriously, they sound like they could almost be from a Dio song, yet they’re so brutal.
3) Crazy vocal work and insane drumming, with a cool little military march-like section in the middle.
4) FCCs (“piece of shit” and “bullshit” at –2:42 to –2:40, not noticeable), but otherwise an incredible song with some great Meshuggah-inspired breakdowns that are warm, not cold.
5) Unbelievably melodic, catchy riffs and harmonies, with some great breakdowns and thrash parts.
6) Almost melo-death, almost Finnish, and damn near infectious, this is an incredible song. Brutal and catchy at the same time, done like no one else has been able to.
9) Excellent solos everywhere, and an otherwise engaging set of riffs.
10) Holy crap, best song on the album! Awesome, marching intro, and then killer NWOSDM-like riffs with a big thrash influence and plenty of vocal madness and breakdowns. The solo sounds like it came from the Michael Amott instructional video.
|1.||Dead Wreckoning||6.||The Inertia|
|2.||Blood Fixing the Bled||7.||A Cold Logistic Slaughter|
|3.||Gestated Rabidity||8.||Threading on Vermillion Dece|
|5.||The Gangrenous Epitaph||10.||Descend to Extirpation|