|Origin / Echoes of Decimation|
|Album:||Echoes of Decimation||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2005-06-05||Pull Date:||2005-08-07||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||17 Jul||3 Jul||26 Jun||19 Jun||12 Jun|
|1.||Dec 29, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|4.||Jun 23, 2005:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Jul 14, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|5.||Jun 23, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|3.||Jun 30, 2005:||Baptism of Solitude |
Designed to Expire
|6.||Jun 16, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Origin – Echoes of Decimation (Relapse Records) |
Brutal death/grind in the vein of Commit Suicide, Neuraxis, Dying Fetus, and the such. Even reminds me of Psycroptic at times. Chaotic death metal with growled/shrieked vocals (from three dudes), machine-gun drumming, and crazy guitar wee-weedling. Incredibly intense and brutal, powerful and technical and complex and intricate, it’ll have you going back for more every time.
1) Starts out with no mercy, and works its way through some menacing riffs and techy guitar parts.
2) More midtempo and a little held back, but has some great vocal parts with accompanying DEP-like guitars.
3) Siren-like guitar playing, with barked vocals, I can imagine the singer foaming at the mouth.
4) Some neat, part-thrash, part-Psyopus guitars, and then some incredible runs that create the effect of melody.
6) FCC (“you’re fucked” at –3:28), but otherwise the best song on the album, complete with spidery guitar parts and palm-muted, power-chord breakdowns.
7) Short, with the same spidery guitar parts from the previous song, and with a uber-guttural vocal line.
8) A sort of call-and-response verse, with a very constant machine gun firing in the background. The solo and guitar harmony parts are pretty damn cool and original.
9) More standard NYDM sound. Ends with 0:30 of nature sounds.
|1.||Reciprocal||5.||Cloning the Stillborn|
|2.||Endless Cure||6.||Staring From the Abyss|
|4.||Designed to Expire||8.||Debased Humanity|
|9.||Echoes of Decimation|