|One Umbrella / Solve|
|Add Date:||2005-09-11||Pull Date:||2005-11-13||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||13 Nov||30 Oct||2 Oct||25 Sep||18 Sep|
|1.||Sat, 12 Nov 05:||the BIG CHIEF|
On The Warpath
|4.||Wed, 21 Sep 05:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|2.||Wed, 26 Oct 05:||Red West|
Eels in the Loo
|5.||Mon, 19 Sep 05:||stirling|
|3.||Mon, 26 Sep 05:||stirling|
|6.||Thu, 15 Sep 05:||Your Imaginary Friend|
Multi-track, home recorded noise. This walks the line between organic and synthetic sounds, composed and improved. They are an Austin based duo who both play many different instruments on these tracks. The tracks tend to be keyboard, piano, and synthesizer heavy but there is plenty of acoustic guitar, banjo and samples. The tracks are often dark but can be playful. Most of it is instrument with a few vocal samples. |
**1. Nice echo-y sounds that you can’t attach to an instrument. Later in the track there seems to be guitar feedback and in general a fuzzy droning sound.
2. A bit quieter and scarier with a couple very quiet moments. The last minute is a very quiet rumble.
3. High pitched electronic noise and some computer sounds.
4. Piano in a big empty room.
5. More piano in a big empty room.
6. The sound of the piano in the big empty room gets eaten by a computer program.
7. Some sampled vocals and more sounds like track 6. Nice drone (organ?) and some discernable guitar.
Ok stuff. -mph