|Artist:||Transglobal Underground||Added:||May 2005|
|Add Date:||2005-07-10||Pull Date:||2005-09-11||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Sep 11||Sep 4||Aug 28||Aug 14||Aug 7||Jul 31||Jul 24||Jul 17|
|1.||Dec 04, 2010:||Music Casserole
Radio Unfree Europe
|4.||May 09, 2009:||Music Casserole
Drinking in Gomorrah, Take the a Tram
|2.||Dec 05, 2009:||Music Casserole
|5.||Aug 11, 2006:||No Cover, No Minimum
Drinking in Gomorrah
|3.||Oct 03, 2009:||music casserole
|6.||Jan 06, 2006:||No Cover, No Minimum: World Countdown
The Khaleegi Stomp
Very strong outing from one of the most popular world fusion groups, recorded in London, Budapest, Paris, Prague, Sofia, and Cairo. Mixing dance beats with Indian, African, Brazilian, Eastern European, and other miscellaneous music, TU has produced an album with strong club appeal that is also interesting to listen to. I’ve called these guys overrated in the past, but they deliver the goods this time.
All tracks good. Fo’s picks: 2, 3, 5, 8, 9
1. 1:24 – dubby audio mosaic: street chant, political broadcast bits, deep bassline
2. 3:53 – uptempo sitar ‘n’ sample groove, gospelly chant of “free free free”
3. 5:27 – midtempo, hard-edged groove, reggae vox, taxi lyrics. False fadeout before end
4. 4:33 – fem vox by Trio Bulgarka over hand drums, then electronicized Balkan folk
5. 5:36 – street ambiance, spoken story over cool electro loops, big bass
6. 4:11 – Dancehall/roots reggae with a bhangra-dub beat! Odd, but it works.
7. 5:36 – over the top drama, but great Trio Bulgarka vox. Fast hard beats & sparse breaks
8. 4:59 – Malian rappers (in French) in a stripped down glitchy groove. Political lyrics.
9. 4:51 – deep bass, bouncy beat; odd vocal snippets with Asian/Mideast pop riffs
10. 5:00 – slinky sitar ‘n’ bass melody, speeds up, surprising choral break. Use in a mix.
11. 5:49 – dance-rock beat + sitar, movie samples/sound collage beneath the surface
12. 2:33 – very dark commentary on the dangers of “security”
[Fo] - 7/8/05
|2.||The Khaleegi Stomp||8.||Cikan - Le Message|
|3.||Yellow and Black Taxi Cab||9.||Take the a Tram|
|5.||Drinking in Gomorrah||11.||Radio Unfree Europe|
|6.||The Sikhman & the Rasta||12.||Sentinel|