|Diabate, Mamadou / Behmanka|
|Add Date:||2005-07-18||Pull Date:||2005-09-19||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||11 Sep||4 Sep||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul||24 Jul|
|1.||Tue, 26 Dec 17:||Old Fart|
Old fart At play
|4.||Thu, 13 Mar 14:||Lestrygonian|
|2.||Thu, 23 Nov 17:||Old Fart|
Old Fart at Play
|5.||Mon, 07 May 12:||MC Ceee|
No Longer at Ease
|3.||Sat, 01 Jul 17:||Fo|
No Cover, No Minimum: Saturday Edition
|6.||Thu, 08 Sep 05:||the id|
Multiple Personality Disorder
Just him on the kora. No other instruments added or needed. It’s the music he was taught by his father, kora legend Djelimory Diabate. Although now based in NYC, he remains true to his family and this recording is thoroughly Malian. It’s beautiful, classic, traditional kora. Extremely well-played and just gorgeous. Every track deserves playing. |
1. Lovely, lyrical, midtempo. Creates a pensive air.
2. Bright, warm and welcoming.
3. Rich, intricate, peaceful w/wonderful melody.
4. Nearly 10-min tour-de-force. Bouncy, complex. So good!
5. Lightly joyful, mid/uptempo, delicious.
6. Elegant, soft at times. Reflective & graceful.
7. End-of-day work song. Midtempo, nicely repetitive.
8. Rhythmic, midtempo bounce w/great technique.